Voxpro brings 500 jobs to Athens

As Voxpro, a customer experience and tech support company, sets up in Athens, nearly 500 job opportunities will follow. 

More than 500 jobs are coming to Athens-Clarke County, as Voxpro is setting up shop in downtown Athens.

The Cork, Ireland-based company specializes in customer experience and tech support for companies, from tech start-ups to industry titans such as Google and Airbnb. Voxpro conducts business in more than 32 countries.

According to an Athens-Clarke County press release, Voxpro's services include multilingual customer service, technical support solutions, trust and safety monitoring, social media management and product insight.

The company reportedly plans to invest $4 million into a Center of Excellence in Athens-Clarke County by 2020. At the center, employees will “do everything from management to tech-support to inbound and outbound calling,” said Ryan Moore, the economic development coordinator for Athens-Clarke County. With over 500 jobs, the company would be one of the largest private, non-medical employers in the county, behind Pilgrim's and Caterpillar.

In order to bring the business to Athens, Voxpro partnered with Gov. Nathan Deal and the Georgia Department of Economic Development after Jon Ward, the U.S. general manager for the company, scouted several states to establish their next Center of Excellence. Ward said he met with Gov. Deal and received a red carpet tour of the state, which showcased Georgia’s culture and business potential.

“[Ward] contacted the Georgia Department of Economic Development to learn more about Georgia's pro-business environment, specifically in Athens-Clarke County," said Katie McCreary, the Georgia Department of Economic Development global commerce communications specialist. "From there, International Investment Team Project Manager Nikki Yu represented the department in conveying the state's assets and available resources.”

Moore said Voxpro chose Athens to set up its Center of Excellence specifically for its culture.

"When [Voxpro] stacked Athens up against other cities in the southeast, they found that it fit their culture better than anywhere else in the state," Moore said. "They need a very specific workforce and work atmosphere to do that and they thought they could find that in Athens.”

The company's “enviable” office space, as Moore called it, will attempt to blend in with the downtown Athens culture with a music theme to celebrate the city's music culture.

Ward said the customer service center will be “bright, fun, [and] engaging, with an open floor."

"[It] will not be your typical work space,” Ward said. "We want an environment that promotes employee engagement."

Georgia Department of Economic Development Commissioner Chris Carr expressed his excitement about Voxpro's choice to establish itself in Athens.

“Not only will they be in great hands with our economic development partners in the region, they will be able to tap into a talent pool from the local university and technical college systems that will fuel their innovative approach to business," Carr said in a statement.

To find out more about career opportunities at Voxpro, visit the jobs tab on its website here