UPDATE: A three-month search for missing Athens residents Joshua Jackson and Derrick Ruff came to an end Sunday, March 17 when police found their bodies in Gwinnett County, according to an Athens-Clarke County Police Department press release.

The Gwinnett County Police Department is investigating the case as a homicide, with ACCPD assisting in the investigation. The Athens-Clarke County and Gwinnett County police departments searched approximately 100 acres in Gwinnett County since the two were reported missing in December, according to the press release.

Derrick Ruff, Joshua Jackson missing persons

The Athens Clarke County Police Department is looking for Derrick Davion Ruff and Joshua Lee Jackson, who were reported missing on Dec. 20 and Dec. 21, respectively. 

UPDATE: Athens-Clarke County Police Department still has not located the two men. According to a press release released Feb. 19, "hundreds of leads" related to the case have been interviewed within the past week. 

A photo of a grey Jeep, early 2000's, was included in the press release. This vehicle is being considered of interest to the case. The surveillance photo was taken at a Lawrenceville area shopping center the same night Derrick Davion Ruff and Joshua Lee Jackson went missing. 

As ACCPD continues its search, officials urge anyone with information to come forward and asks that residents remain on the lookout for any signs of or information regarding the whereabouts of the two men. 

Lt. Derek Scott remains on the case at 706-613-3888, ext. 329 or Derek.Scott@accgov.com

Athens and Gwinnett police have been searching for two men since they were reported missing two weeks ago.

Derrick Davion Ruff and Joshua Lee Jackson were last seen together on Dec. 18, according to an Athens-Clarke County Police Department press release. Ruff was reported missing on Dec. 20 and Jackson was reported missing Dec. 21. 

The vehicle the men were last seen in together was found in an isolated area of a neighborhood in Gwinnett County and was processed by Gwinnett County Police Department investigators, according to the release. A final report has not been received, but ACCPD did not note any significant information about the vehicle upon initial analysis.

Police ask for anyone with information concerning the whereabouts of the two men to contact lead ACCPD investigator Lt. Derek Scott at 706-613-3888 (extension 329) or Derek.Scott@accgov.com.

A Crime Stoppers award of up to $1,000 has been offered for information leading to the location of the men. The Crime Stoppers tip line is 706-705-4775.

Alex Soderstrom and Sofi Gratas contributed to the updated versions of this article.