ACC Cop car

An Athens-Clarke County police car is parked on the street in downtown Athens on March 1, 2018. 

UPDATE: Athens-Clarke County police believe the perpetrator who impersonated an Uber driver may have more victims. 

Because a previous victim was a University of Georgia student, police said they believe other students may have had similar experiences with the driver, Emerson Redd, before he was arrested. 

If anyone has information related to a similar experience, even from several weeks ago, police urge you to contact Lt. Derek Scott at 706-613-3330 ext. 329 about this information. 

A suspect has been arrested for the impersonating an Uber driver to rape an Athens woman after police made contact with another victim.

Police arrested Emerson Redd for rape against the first victim, after speaking with the suspect.

This victim described a similar incident to the previously reported rape, as she entered what she thought was an Uber around 1:15 a.m., hours before the first reported incident.

The woman alleges that the driver assaulted her, touching her without consent before she was able to get out of the car.

According to a press release, Athens-Clarke County police were contacted at about 6 p.m. on April 20 by the woman. While in the car, she took four photos that she provided to police. After reviewing the pictures, an officer recognized the suspect.

The officer had stopped the suspect around 1:30 am on April 21 for driving without headlights on, somewhere in the downtown area. The officer also recalled the vehicle as being a Chrysler Pacifica.

Since the first reported incident, ACCPD have confirmed that the woman raped was a University of Georgia student.

A woman was reportedly raped around 3 a.m. on Friday, April 20, by a man she thought was her Uber driver, according to a press release from the Athens-Clarke County police department. 

According to the statement, the woman ordered an Uber, and later entered a vehicle that she thought was her ride. During the ride, she realized that her driver was not an Uber driver and subsequently asked to be let out.

The woman told police she was raped before being let out of the car. 

In a Facebook post, ACCPD told citizens to check the license plate of the vehicles and the pictures provided by ride-sharing vehicles before entering the vehicle.

ACCPD has asked for anyone with information about the incident to come forward. No vehicle description was provided.