May 31-June 6 was an eventful week of protests for Athens — beginning with one of Athens' largest protests and ending with a 1,500 person organized rally. The protests were sparked by the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, and protesters around the country are calling for racial justice and condemning police violence.
Photos: Taylor Gerlach, Kathryn Skeean, Julian Alexander and Cameren Rogers
Videos: Taylor Gerlach, Sherry Liang, Megan Mittelhammer and Hunter Riggall
This week, The Red & Black's photo desk covered the daily protests in downtown Athens ca…
An estimated 1,500 people rallied against the injustices the black community faces in Athens on Saturday.
- NCAA cancels all fall sports championships besides football
- Athens bars and government settle lawsuit: Last call moved to 11:30 p.m. until judicial emergency expires
- UGA administration, faculty involved in heated virtual debate before start of semester
- UGA rolls out more student requirements and preparations for fall semester
- What’s next for downtown Athens space after Confederate monument removal?
- UGA alumnus creates automated website to email UGA administration about COVID-19 concerns
- UGA COVID-19 sex guidelines taken down after being ‘ridiculed’ on social media