200519_tmg_earlyvoting0012.jpg

Clarke County voters fill out forms while waiting to vote at the Athens-Clarke County Board of Elections office on Tuesday, May 19, 2020. (Photo/Taylor Gerlach)

Early voting for the Nov. 3 election started on Monday in Georgia. People registered to vote in Athens-Clarke County can go to the Board of Elections office this week to vote, and more voting locations will open up as Election Day approaches.

In a Sept. 11 interview with The Red & Black, ACC Board of Elections assistant Lisa McGlaun said the county has received a high number of absentee ballot requests, however she still expects a high early voting turnout. During the June primary, voters who requested absentee ballots ended up voting in person because they weren’t familiar with mail-in voting, McGlaun said.

Polling locations are stocked with COVID-19 supplies such as hand sanitizer, wipes, gloves and extra face masks, McGlaun said. Voters aren’t required to wear a mask inside polling locations, but McGlaun said they will enforce social distancing.

Polling locations are required to be open for early voting on Saturday, Oct. 24. The last day to vote early in person is Oct. 30.

The Red & Black has compiled a list of places and times ACC residents can vote early. 

Board of Elections Office

Athens Regional Library

Miriam Moore Community Center

ACC Extension (Bogart)

ACC Tennis Center 

The University of Georgia’s Stegeman Coliseum