180116_JEB_WomensMarchProtest_0004.jpg

Kate Van Cantfort, 40, small business owner from Athens, Georgia, speaks to the protestors at the Women’s March Protest on January 20, 2018. 

Pink flooded the streets across the nation in January of 2017 when the Women's March occurred to protest the announcement of Donald Trump's presidency, earning the title of the largest single-day protest in U.S. history.

But as the date rolled around for the 2018 Women's March, some women took a stand against this national movement through not participating or voicing critiques on social media.

The criticism surrounding the march's lack of inclusion for all women resulted in local and nationwide push back for the Women's March of 2018.

The organizers of the march acknowledged this flaw and said they would make an effort to be more inclusive, but they also recognize that it will take time to regain the trust of women of color and the transgender community.

"What has been important is that all of us have been very intentional about addressing issues and concerns not just of women of color and addressing the concerns of all women," said Tamika Mallory, a black woman and co-organizer of the Women's March, when asked about the issue by Newsweek this year. 

Feminism has had a history of critiques concerning underlying racism, most recently demonstrated through the lack of intersectionality in the march. 

I think it's unfortunate, but not unusual that most white women often do not include women of marginalized backgrounds. 

-Frances Dean

Intersectionality, a term coined by Kimberle Crenshaw in the 1980s, addresses the overlapping and interdependent discriminations and disadvantages surrounding social categories of different social identities.

"Racism, police brutality and immigration are hot topics in America right now, and have been for a long time, but their representations at the march are disproportionate," Vivian Dao, a freshman women's studies major, said.  

Alicia Garza, one of the co-founders of the Black Lives Matter movement, made a statement surrounding her opinions as a black woman after attending the first march.

"I'd had enough before it even began," said Garza in her statement. "Where were all these white people while our people are being killed in the streets, jobless, homeless, over incarcerated, under educated? Are you committed to freedom for everyone, or just yourself?"

Due to the fact that 53 percent of white women voted for Trump in the 2016 election, some black women were feeling unenthusiastic about the Women's March of 2017. These issues carried over to the Women's March of 2018 as well.

"I think it's unfortunate, but not unusual that most white women often do not include women of marginalized backgrounds. It seems like whenever people discuss feminism, they forget that the whole point of feminism is to have rights for all, not just one group," said Frances Dean, a senior health and behavior major. 

Weatherly Knighton, a 23-year-old barista at Jittery Joe's, expands on the perception that some women participating in this march are failing to see that there is more to activism than just marching.

"Are these people doing the everyday work to create a lasting change? One day of the year will not do that. Where is the true activism? People should examine that," Knighton said. "Is this a self-serving act? It feels good to hold up a sign and get your picture taken, but do you really challenge your friends and family and yourself all the time?"

One of the trademake elements of the Women's March of 2017 are the "Pink Pussyhats," knitted pink hats that were handed out for participants to wear as they marched. The emphasis on references to genitalia and reproductive organs as a prime identity to being a women resulted in critique from non-cisgender women wanting to participate as well.

"The issues that impact women in this country affect all women, whether they be white, colored, straight, LGBTQ, trans, handicapped, etcetera," said Alex Marchante, a senior journalism major. 

The Pensacola Women's March Facebook group posted after the anniversary march to address these hats and their effects on the inclusion of the trans community.

"This type of feminism, though hugely successful in terms of reproductive justice, ultimately emphasized a mistreatment of transgender women that continues today," the Facebook post said. "It is only through the centering and leadership of these groups that women will be liberated -- not through exclusionary white feminism, which the Pink P*ssy Hat is indicative of." 

For Knighton, this march has opened a platform for dialogue about intersectionality in feminism. 

"This is something that we can only have talked about coming from the perspective of a year later, so it opens up a conversation and that is the most that it has done," Knighton said. 

kutakuta

+2348062929185** I was born into a family of gifted psychics. My father could read minds and enjoyed telling people what they were thinking. My mother could also read minds, but she had a higher power. She was blessed with the ability to concentrate on a person's desire and make it come true! Do you need to Finding balance and happiness in life ? Fulfill your life?s purpose & destiny? kutakuta and the seventh spirit called Eziza..1.I fix broken relationships, Restore marriages.. 2. I have got charms/spell to take away bad luck & give good luck in life, Binding Lovers together.. 3. Business attractions more customers and Promotions at jobs.. 4. Get job Promotions and favors at work.. 5. I chase away evil/ witchcraft, ghost, bad spell, curses, bad dreams from you.. 6. Bring back lost loves, Resurrect your Ex- Lover.. 7. Make court cases, divorces, bad debts to disappear.. 8. I have herbs for losing weight and Improve your Bedroom Experience 9.. I solve financial and domestic difficulties.. 10. I have a spell charm to bring back stolen goods.. 11. I have quick sales portions to boost customer in business.. 12. I make you gain promotions at work place.. 13. Get Quick Marriage With The Lover Of Your Heart.. 14. Get Protection At Working Place IE save Your Job Charms.. 15. Magic Ring For Luck, gambling, protection, money, business, love, wealth.. 16. Quit smoking, Alcohol and Drugs.. 17. Find your soulmate Lover.. 18. Heal Barrenness and produce TWINS.. 19. Stop Cheating to your Partner 20. Remove Bad Luck, Tolokosh, Curses, and Cleanse you.. 21. Divert Future Problems.. call kutakuta:+2348062929185 or Email: kutakutaeziza77@gmail.com Or WhatsApp +2348062929185 kutakuta and the seven spirits

kutakuta