160625_CLS_AthFest_BrettHarris-2.jpg

Brett Harris performs at Hendershot's Coffee as a part of the 20th annual AthFest in Athens, Georgia, on Saturday, June 25, 2016. (Photo/Casey Sykes, www.caseysykes.com)

Brett Harris took the stage at Hendershot’s Coffee Saturday night and impressed the audience with his indie pop sound.

Harris released a new LP in March called “Up in the Air,” and said he has been performing all over the country the past three months.

He mainly performed songs from his latest album, but he also included songs from other works he has produced. Harris played guitar throughout the show and was accompanied by Ross Gruet on guitar, Joe Caparo on bass and Brad Porter on drums.

Harris thanked the members of the audience for coming after every single song and continually reiterated how much he appreciated them being there.

A very lively performer, Harris joked and interacted with the audience throughout his performance. The crowd applauded and laughed when he joked that he never has to explain what a “southern Baptist” is when he plays in the south unlike when he plays in the north.

With a constant stream of people coming in and out of the show, it was evident that everyone seemed to enjoy his performance.

Correction: A previous version of this article to named the guitarist, Ross Gruet, as the bassist. The name of the bassist, Joe Caparo, has now been added as well.