Dream Culture

Local psych-rock group Dream Culture will perform at Go Bar on Friday, Nov. 25.  

Dream Culture is a psychedelic rock band based out of Athens. The band includes Evan Leima on vocals, Billy Ross on guitar, Chad Andrews on drums, Graham Von Oehson on the keyboard and Freeman Leverett on bass.

The band performed last night on the Lumpkin Street Station stage. Unfortunately, though they were set to play at 10 p.m., the set was delayed as the band and bar employees worked to fix technical difficulties due to Leima’s microphone.

The set started 30 minutes late. After one song, Leima’s amp died. While he made efforts to fix this, the band played a jamming interlude.

When once again the technical issues were resolved, the band brought a surreal sound to the small venue. Ross made use of sound-altering pedals for his guitar, and Oehson brought an array of electronic elements into the music, both living up to the band’s genre of psychedelic rock.

With high-energy guitars over a synthy backdrop, Dream Culture finished out its short set under a cascade of flashing, multicolored lights. Leima mentioned the band had to cut 5 songs due to time, but the band's enthusiasm and energy showed the audience they were making the most out of its time on stage.