6.24.16Kenosha KidW-6.jpg

Kenosha Kid performs at Hendershots during AthFest on Friday, June 24, 2016, in Athens, Ga. Photo/ Landon Trust

Although they did not sing a single lyric, Kenosha Kid kept the audience entranced for the entire show at Hendershot’s Friday night.

Ever since Dan Nettles returned to Athens and formed Kenosha Kid, he has continued to write and be creative with his music. It was clear from the show Friday night that his fans admire his efforts.

The show began with guitarist Nettles saying he didn’t think making America great again was good enough; he thought we should try to make the world great again.

The room was packed for the show, and many people were forced to stand as a result of this. The band produced a modern-jazz sound that at times seemed hypnotic.

Kenosha Kid did not play several short songs like most bands. Instead the band played very few long songs. Each song was at least six minutes long.

One of the highlights of the show was when drummer Marlon Patton had a lengthy drum solo while Nettles and bassist Robby Handley completely stopped playing their instruments and simply watched him. This received loud applause from the audience.

The band left the audience wanting more once it had finished the performance. Several audience members were asking them to play one more song.