Randall Bramblett-3.jpg

The Randall Bramblett Band performs a set on the Pulaski St. stage as part of the AthFest Music & Arts Festival on Saturday, June 25, 2016. Photo/Shubham Kadam

The Randall Bramblett Band played at 7:30 on the Pulaski Street Stage for AthFest on Saturday evening.

The vintage band drew out a large crowd as the day started to cool off and the sun set. The audience was ready to move as the music scene veterans came out, both on stage and in the crowd. Randall Bramblett played both keyboard and saxophone and has been rocking the crowds in Athens since before many other AthFest performers were even born in the 70s.

The jam band showcases sounds with heavy blues inspiration peppered with gospel and southern rock roots, with heavy and extremely well-articulated focus on the wailing vocals of Bramblett.

The musical performance with effortless execution showed how comfortable the seasoned group is on stage. The group shows no signs of slowing down the jamming when they move, communicating with cross-stage smiles that show a rare type of deep-seated friendship.