bully
 Alicia Bognano is the frontwoman of the rock band Bully. 

After months of waiting, AthFest is finally here this weekend. While you are packing your sunscreen and getting ready to head downtown, listen to some of the hit songs by some fantastic AthFest performers as you prepare to see them live.

"Coldest Touch" - Velveteen Pink

If you enjoy music reminiscent of the 80's with a modern twist, this is your song and your band. With the perfect amount of keyboard and guitar instrumentals, you are sure to catch yourself dancing to this pop-funk fusion. You find their set at the Southern Brewing Mainstage, June 22 at 5 p.m.

"Breakdown" - Misnomer

The band's ability to create feeling through all instrumentals can move you with this jazz, and funk mix. The brass section packs a powerful punch you will not want to miss their set at Hull Street Stage, June 22 at 8:30 p.m.

"Start Again" - Sarah Zúñiga

This song is a sweet, reflective plea to start over with someone new and asserts that, while "change is hard," it is a part of life. You can catch Zúñiga's crisp vocals and acoustic guitar strumming set June 23 at 1 p.m. on the Southern Brewing Mainstage.

"Anomaly" - Light Brigade

Finding someone so unique that you can't fathom how amazed you are by them is the story that this song tells. This song is a bit slower than the rest of the band's repertoire and tells a story led by a melody of guitars and soothing vocals. You can watch their show June 23 at 3 p.m. on the Hull Street Stage.

"Cut That Out" - Oak House

This song starts out pretty slow but then, as soon as the drum beat kicks in, it kicks up into almost a punk-rock melody. Whimsical and driving vocals by lead singer Gresham Cash take the song into a dreamy end sequence. Oak House will be closing the night June 24 at 12:45 a.m. at the 40 Watt Club.

"Who's Gonna Hear You" - Nihilist Cheerleader

An upbeat punk anthem quick to make you move your feet. With a ‘90s punk sound and the fast-paced vocals between lead singer Flynne Collins and bassist Leora Hinkle, you won't want to miss this song live. Move your feet over to their performance for the Club Crawl on the rooftop of the Georgia Theatre at 12:30 a.m., June 22.

"A Grey Cloth Covering My Face" - Elf Power

This song provides a steady folk-rock beat with a standout performance by the tambourine player. Talking of realizations being made through time and how to deal with them, you can sway to Elf Power's chill set at Southern Brewing Mainstage on June 24 at 5:45 p.m.

"Second Hand High" - Rebel Union

A country and pop fusion, this is a song tells the story of remembering someone you lost who it was easier to give in to fight with. With a soft piano melody and a harmonious chorus, you can't miss this song live. Rebel Union performs at the Foundry, June 22 at 10 p.m.

"Georgia Fire" - The Vegabonds

This song is the perfect mix of rock and folk music, with the sweet sound of an electric guitar solo and rock infused with a dash of country power vocals. Catch one of their live performances at Live Wire Athens on June 23 at 11 p.m.

"Trying" - Bully

“Trying” song starts out as almost a grunge-pop sound and, as soon as it hits the chorus, you get more of the indie rock vocals of Alicia Bognanno. Telling of all the pressures that society is putting on all of us as individuals, don't miss their performance at the Georgia Theatre on June 23 at 11 p.m.