Cine

The 2018 mayoral candidates will debate and discuss politics surrounding local poverty at Ciné on March 11 at 6:00 p.m. 

The atmosphere was electric during the incredibly high energy performance by The Howling Tongues Friday night at Cine, as part of the AthFest Club Crawl.

The band played songs primarily from their recently released album, “BOO HISS” which came out May 24, and it was obvious that several members of the audience knew the lyrics to all of the new tracks.

The show was led by front man and lead singer Davey Rockett. A multi-talented artist, Rockett played the tambourine during some songs but mainly he focused on engaging the crowd through his songs.

With a playful and outgoing personality, Rockett had the audience laughing, clapping and singing along the entire show.

Rockett along with his band mates went out of their way to excite the crowd, leaving the room full of energy. The lead singer was accompanied by Tylor James on drums, Nick Magliochetti on guitar, Thomas Wainwright on the keyboard and Brandon Witcher on bass.

Never standing still and constantly moving around the stage, The Howling Tongues members used all the space available to them. From signature rock ‘n’ roll headbangings to interacting with each other, the show left audience members with a ringing in their ears and a smile on their faces.