Timi_Wonderland Rangers-6.jpg

Timi and the Wonderland Rangers perform a set on the Hull Street stage during the AthFest Music & Arts Festival in Athens, Georgia, on Saturday, June 25, 2016. Photo/Shubham Kadam

Timi and the Wonderland Rangers packed out Hull Street at 8:30 p.m. to kick off a wild Saturday night. All sections of the street and designated refreshment areas were alive with energy. The stage was surrounded by dancing fans.

Timi Conley, one of Athens’ favorite guitar personalities and host of Wild Rumpus festival in October each year, joined with singer Shelley Lotus and multi-faceted percussionist Tony Oscar to create a vivid sound.

The outcome when you mix it together is a wild dream — a wonderland. Loose distorted power chords coupled with the keys and Congo drum with occasional saxophone created skipping southwestern tango-rock for a spacey new song.

Timi Conley has been the front of several different groups and creative projects. It is apparent that from the performance, this group of all-stars has a lot more fun to look forward to in town.