Greek Housing

(From left to right) Sigma Nu, Tau Epsilon Phi, Pi Kappa Alpha, and Phi Delta Theta are four of the five greek organizations that are fortunate enough to have housing in Greek Park on the University of Georgia campus on Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014. (Photo/Christina Cannon, chris40@uga.edu)

University of Georgia police received a report of a single gunshot in Greek Park Circle near the Pi Kappa Alpha house early Sunday morning, according to an Archnews email.

During a verbal altercation between members of Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity and Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity outside their respective houses, witnesses reported that a college-aged man stepped onto the second floor landing of the Tau Kappa Epsilon house and pointed what appeared to be a semi-automatic handgun towards the members of Pi Kappa Alpha, according to the email.

The man then raised the gun, fired a single shot into the air and pointed the gun back at the fraternity members. At that time, both fraternities retreated back into their houses.

No injuries occurred.

Investigators have determined the identity of the perpetrator and appropriate actions will be taken, according to the email.

At this time, police said there should be no concern for the safety of those involved, and no continued threat to campus is believed to exist.