Burglary at the Flats at Carr’s Hill

A University of Georgia student reported his apartment at the Flats at Carr’s Hill broken into Friday between 1:30 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.

The victim was reportedly asleep in the apartment when his door was kicked in and his Xbox 360, four controllers and the game inside of the Xbox were stolen.

The victim said two weeks ago, “someone had taken out the peephole installed inside of his front door.” This also happened to “a few of the apartment doors near him.” The victim had patched the hole up himself instead of calling maintenance, according to the police report.

The victim did report a possible suspect, saying that “the only suspicious person he had contact with inside his apartment building” was a man who lived at the Flats at Carr’s Hill and who was “trying to sell drugs to the residents.” The victim said that he had let this man into his apartment, according to the report.

Fingerprints were collected at the scene.

Student’s tires slashed on two different occasions

A University of Georgia student reported to the Athens-Clarke County police Thursday at 8:52 p.m. that her tires were slashed twice since Sept. 7.

The first instance reportedly happened between Sept. 7 at 10 p.m. and Sept. 8 at 10 a.m. The victim reported that when she went to bed, her car was fine, but when she went to drive it in the morning, her front left tire was “slashed,” according to the police report.

As this was the evening of the University of South Carolina versus UGA game, the victim reportedly “assumed that it was a South Carolina fan who had vandalized her vehicle, so she did not report anything,” according to the report.

The second incident reportedly happened between Wednesday at 10 p.m. and Thursday at 7:30 a.m., when the victim saw that her left rear tire was slashed.

The victim said she did not have any issues with anyone in the area, and officers told her they would “keep an eye out for the area.”

UGA student reports stolen bicycle

A University of Georgia student reported his bicycle missing to Athens-Clarke County police Thursday at 2:31 p.m.

The student said he had last seen his “midnight blue Huffy Mountain Bike” on his front porch Wednesday at noon, according to the police report.

The missing bike is valued at $160.

UGA employee reports suspicious person

A University of Georgia employee reported a suspicious person to the UGA police Thursday at 8:53 a.m. after being followed by the same pick-up truck two days in a row.

The employee reportedly said on Tuesday at 5 p.m., “an unknown male driving a pickup truck followed her from the Foundation Building Parking Lot to Baxter Street until it was diverted in traffic.”

The victim then reportedly saw the same truck exit the Butler Building right after she exited the Foundation Building parking lot and get in traffic behind her. The truck followed her for “several minutes” before losing her in traffic Wednesday at 5 p.m.

This time, the truck was driven by an unknown woman, and the man who was driving the truck Tuesday was in the passenger’s seat, according to the police report.

The victim was reportedly given the number to a direct line to dispatch and was told to call if she ever felt she was being followed in the future.

UGA student reports water thrown in her face

A University of Georgia student reported a simple assault to UGA police Thursday at 3:15 p.m.

The victim said “a known individual intentionally made physical contact of an insulting and provoking nature by throwing water into her face,” according to the police report.

The incident reportedly happened in front of the Forestry Building.

There were no injuries reported.

Police officer finds graffiti on Hodgson Oil Building

A University of Georgia police officer reported finding graffiti on the Hodgson Oil Building — UGA police headquarters — Thursday at 7:40 p.m.

The officer was on patrol on the railroad tracks near Hodgson Oil when he reportedly noticed “graffiti painted on the rear wall of the building facing the railroad tracks.”

An arrow, two dots and a derogatory word were spray painted in silver, according to the police report.

The officer reportedly estimated the cost of removing the graffiti to be “less than $500,” and was unable to place when the graffiti happened because he “did not know the last time someone noticed the wall without the graffiti.”

UGA student’s moped damaged in Morris Hall parking lot

A University of Georgia student reported her moped damaged to UGA police Thursday at 12:39 p.m. after finding it lying on its left side.

The victim reportedly said she had parked the moped in a “legal scooter spot” Wednesday around 5 p.m., and when she went to class at 9:25 a.m., she found it lying on its side in the parking lot.

There were several small scratches along the left side of the moped and on the back of the compartment, the right mirror was missing, the brake on the left handle was broken and the left front hand assembly was chipped, according to the police report.

The officer reportedly determined the cause was either the kickstand had failed or that someone had pushed it over.

The victim said that “she had not had any issues with the kickstand failing previously and did not believe that it had failed.” The kickstand was up when she picked up the moped, according to the report.

The steering column was still locked from when she had parked the night before.

The estimated damage was less than $500, according to the report.

UGA student reports fraudulent activity on bank account

A University of Georgia student reportedly said she was a victim of fraud to the UGA police Friday at 8:37 a.m. after seeing eight counts of fraudulent activity on her Wells Fargo bank account.

The activity reportedly started Sept. 10 at 12:01 a.m. after “an unknown person deposit a forged money order in a Snellville, Ga. ATM which posted to her Wells Fargo bank account.”

Then, on Sept. 12, seven purchases were made reportedly using a “replica of her Wells Fargo Bank Visa debit card” at a Walmart in Snellville. The charges ranged from $101.02 to $101.61, according to the police report.

The amount taken from the victim’s bank account, including bank fees, was $1,656.20, according to the report.