case tracker graphic

Editor's Note: These numbers are as of Dec. 20, 2020. The Red & Black staff will not be updating COVID-19 data over winter break, so to keep up to date with local COVID-19 data, please refer to the Georgia Department of Public Health and University Health Center websites.

There are 7,866 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Athens-Clarke County as of 3 p.m. Sunday, according to the Georgia Department of Public Health.

The University of Georgia is aware of 4,920 students or employees who have tested positive as of Dec. 16. There is one recorded death in the UGA community due to COVID-19.

The DPH has confirmed 509,588 coronavirus cases and 9,437 deaths in Georgia. There have been 59 confirmed deaths from COVID-19 in Athens-Clarke County, according to DPH. As of Dec. 20, there were 156 current hospitalizations in Region E — which includes ACC and several other surrounding counties.

The department updates the number of confirmed cases and deaths in Georgia everyday at 3 p.m. on its website. The University Health Center updates the number of confirmed cases in the UGA community on its website.

Stay informed with Athens and University of Georgia COVID-19 news with The Red & Black's coronavirus page, and follow @redandblack on Twitter for breaking news updates.