UGA student charged after urinating through fence

A University of Georgia student was arrested and charged with underage possession or consumption of alcohol and urinating in public Sunday at 3:08 a.m., according to an Athens-Clarke County Police report.

The arresting officer reportedly saw a white male urinating through a metal fence on Thomas Street. The officer reported he was “visible to cars driving by and people walking by on the sidewalk.” The student reportedly tried to walk away before the officer could grab him. The student was identified as Jeffrey John Gregor, 20, in the report. The officer reported that as Gregor spoke he could “smell the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from his breath.” After the officer asked if he’d be drinking, Gregor reportedly said a little.

Gregor declined to comment to The Red & Black.

UGA student victim of auto theft

A University of Georgia student was a victim of an auto theft between Friday at 10 pm. and Saturday at 2:36 p.m., according to an Athens-Clarke County Police report.

The victim reportedly parked on the corner of Hull Street and Hancock Street and left it there overnight. When the student reportedly went to pick up the vehicle, it was missing. She reportedly called all the towing companies in Athens, but was unable to find the car. The responding officer reportedly that there were no history of the vehicle being towed in any wrecker logs. Another officer reportedly looked downtown for the car, but was unable to find it. The vehicle was described as a Black 1998 Honda Civic CRX , according to the report