Two reported burglaries

A University of Georgia student reported a burglary and an entering auto at his home Sunday between 3:30 a.m. and 8:42 a.m., according to an Athens-Clarke County Police report.

The victim reported “someone crawled into an unsecure window on the side of the residence, came upstairs to his room and stole $175 cash which was sitting on his desk.” The victim reportedly didn’t hear anything, and said all of his roommates were inside and asleep. The windows and doors were all reportedly locked, except the window on the side of the house that doesn’t lock. The victim said he suspected it was a friend, but no arrests were made, according to the report.

A University of Georgia student reported a burglary at his residence Sunday between 8:45 a.m. and 2 p.m., according to an Athens-Clarke County Police report.

The victim reportedly returned home and saw that the house had been broken into. The house was reportedly “entered by smashing a rear window pane and opening the latch and climbing into the window.” The suspect reportedly stole an Asus laptop, an Acer Netbook, an Xbox 360 and controller, a Nikon camera, $125 in change, a North Face backpack, a credit card and a “smoke or dark grey” Marin Bolinas Ridge 29er bike. Fingerprints were found on the scene, according to the report.

Reported first degree forgery

A University of Georgia employee reported a forgery Friday at 4 p.m., according to a UGA Police report.

The employee reportedly received a fake $50 bill while working at the Bursar’s Office. The victim reported “they had received a deposit from Testing Services containing a fake $50 bill.” The victim reportedly found out the bill was fake when it was placed into a money counter.

Reported DUI

A University of Georgia student was arrested and charged with DUI, underage possession or consumption of alcohol and failure to maintain lane Saturday at 1:07 a.m., according to a UGA Police report.

The arresting officer reportedly saw a driver in a black Honda Accord staring at his police car while driving down Williams Street. The officer reportedly made a u-turn and followed the vehicle. The vehicle reportedly turned onto Oconee Street and hit the curb with the car’s right rear tire. 

The officer pulled the car over and the driver was identified as Sunkun Kim, 20. 

The officer reportedly smelled the “moderate and distinct odor commonly associated with alcoholic beverages” and asked Kim how much he had to drink that night. Kim reportedly responded that he “doesn’t really drink,” then said he “had a drink while he was eating dinner.” The officer reportedly asked Kim to get out of the car and performed a field sobriety test. Following the test, the officer “felt the driver was under the influence of alcohol to the point where he was less safe.” The officer then reportedly placed Kim under arrest and took him to the Athens-Clarke County Police Department. At the police department, Kim reportedly blew a 0.03 on a breath test. 

He was then transported to the  Clarke County Jail, according to the report.

Kim was unavailable for comment to The Red & Black.