Bubble Tea

Bubble Cafe opened in January 2017 and sells a variety of East Asian drinks and snack foods, including boba tea, noodle soups and rice bowls. (Photo/Katie Kim)

With National Bubble Tea Day approaching quickly on April 30, it’s time for everyone to get their fix of their favorite boba/bubble tea drink. Before you decide on where to go and what to get on the special day, check out these places and suggestions to truly maximize your boba experience.

Bubble Café

Located on College Avenue, this spot has a wide variety of bubble tea flavors and toppings that will satisfy all taste buds. If bubble tea isn’t your “cup of tea,” you can also choose from a multitude of fruit slushies, snow bubble drinks and other flavored tea options. They have common flavors such as oolong and coffee, but they also have more unusual flavors such as rose and coconut. The café also serves some classic and savory Taiwanese snack foods that everyone should try, such as the steamed dumplings and Taiwanese chicken nuggets.

Stephanie Park, a sophomore majoring in advertising from Suwanee, usually goes to Bubble Café to satisfy her cravings.

“I don’t go very often, but when I do, I like to get the taro milk tea with tapioca,” Park said. “I like that it’s sweet and kind of more on the creamier side.”

180 Degrees Fahrenheit Café

This café is the perfect place to quench your thirst and fill an empty stomach all at the same time. When you first enter this spot located on West Broad Street, you may be overwhelmed by the large menu, which has anything from cold and hot drinks to classic Taiwanese and American starters and Japanese bento boxes. At this location, you’ll be able to fully customize your own bubble tea drink with your own preferred base tea, toppings and flavors, which make the possibilities truly endless.

Alex Jeon, a sophomore from Atlanta with an intended major in accounting, currently works at 180 Degrees Fahrenheit Café but also personally enjoys the drinks and food provided there.

“My go-to drink is probably the jasmine green tea with lychee jelly. For first-comers, I would recommend the honeydew bubble tea,” Jeon said. “As for the food, I really like the chicken nuggets and fried tofu.”

Just Pho… and more

Just like the name suggests, this Vietnamese restaurant that serves the famous traditional noodle soup also serves other Vietnamese meals as well as a sweet surprise that you might not expect – its own selections of smoothie, slush and milk tea drinks that all come with tapioca pearls. You can get the smoothie or slush drinks in various fruity flavors such as watermelon and strawberry, but if you want to stick to the classics, the milk tea boba drinks come in flavors such as jasmine or lavender. Take a trip down Baxter Street to be surprised by the number of options that are available.

Mother Pho

Another location that serves traditional Vietnamese meals and is known for its Vietnamese noodles, this restaurant located on East Broad Street also provides its own assortment of boba drinks. Depending on your cravings, you can opt for either a traditional bubble milk tea, milk shake or fruit slushie. The fruit slushies come in unusual flavors such as papaya and pineapple.