(180308)_KES_buildingmug_0005-1.jpg

International Education Week will be celebrated at UGA with a variety of events, including speakers and live performances. (Photo/Kaitlynn Smith)

International Education Week is dedicated to celebrating the international student experience and promoting a global exchange of information.

At the University of Georgia, multiple events are happening to highlight the journey many international students embark on to receive an education in the United States. Here are seven events you can attend to learn more about the international experience or celebrate diversity at UGA.

Monday, Nov. 12

Parade of Flags

This parade, showcasing flags from around the world, will flow from the Arch to Tate Plaza. The parade, a kick-off for International Education Week, may be viewed from 11–11:30 a.m.

World Fest 2018

Hosted by International Student Life at UGA from 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m., World Fest is a free celebration of IEW. There will be food, live music and performances representing many different cultures at the event. World Fest will take place in the Memorial Ballroom.

Tuesday, Nov. 13

IEW keynote speaker: Joe Grabowski

Joe Grabowski, a National Geographic explorer and founder of “Exploring by the Seat of your Pants,” will share his travel experience and worldwide knowledge, touching on how technology allows information to spread across the globe. The talk is free for students, faculty, and staff and $5 for community members, and will start at 6:30 p.m. in the Tate Theater.

Wednesday, Nov. 14

AciremA Experience

This simulation will allow students, faculty, and staff to step into the shoes of an international student and see the journey they take to get a degree. The experience will be held from noon–1:30 p.m. in the Tate Reception Hall.

Film screening: ‘From the Land of Gandhi’

This documentary screening will be hosted by the Indian Student Association, discussing the obstacles international students face when trying to get permanent residency in the United States.The screening will be held in Tate Theater from 5–6:15 p.m.

Thursday, Nov. 15

World music showcase

From 11 a.m.–1 p.m., enjoy various UGA musical ensembles performing pieces from around the world. Performances will be in the Tate Atrium near Tate Print & Copy.  

Friday, Nov. 16

International coffee hour

Celebrate the end of IEW with the weekly international coffee hour in the Memorial Hall ballroom from 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m. This week’s coffee hour will be hosted by the Office of International Education and spotlight various study abroad programs.