Waffle House

The Waffle House located on South Milledge Avenue in Five Points is set to close on Monday, June 25. 

Waffle House is known for its variety of waffles and deliciously greasy hash browns. However, Karlie Dobbs, a junior multimedia journalism major at the University of North Georgia in Athens, made a Waffle House jingle to the tune of Bruno Mars’ Grammy winning song “24K Magic.” Dobbs’ jingle makes a tribute to Waffle House’s breakfast foods by playing a popular tune.

Dobbs said that she made the first Waffle House jingle video to help Waffle House congratulate Bruno Mars on winning six Grammys. She titled the first jingle “24K Waffles,” to the tune of “24K Magic.” Within two weeks, the video reached 30,000 viewers. Southern Living published an article about it, and Bruno Mars has seen the video.

“Bruno Mars saw it himself, and then it jumped to 30,000. And then that’s when everyone was like, ‘Well, you gotta do another,’” Dobbs said.

Nadine Gillespie, the social media coordinator for Waffle House, Inc., explained how Dobbs’ first jingle led to a second one.

“She made ‘24K Waffles,’ and that was her first one, and then when it hit over 30,000 views, she decided to make a second one called ‘Waffle House is the Best,’” Gillespie said.

Dobbs wanted to mirror Mars’ music video for “Finesse” for her second video by having a lot of background dancers in her video. She invited some friends to be in the music video with her.

“We just cleared out their living room, and we did it,” Dobbs said.

Gillespie said that Waffle House started a Twitter hashtag with a group called Hooligans, which are Bruno Mars’ fans.

“We kind of did a Twitter party with the Hooligans for 10 days, so there’s a hashtag #HooliganTwitterPartyWithWaffleHouse — and then for 10 days we all interacted with each other, talking about Waffle House and Bruno Mars. So [Dobbs] made those music videos kind of us a piece of that Twitter party,” Gillespie said.

Gillespie noted that Waffle House has been positively impacted by Dobbs’ videos.

“Bruno liked the first video, so it gave a lot of attention when he liked it on Twitter. So as far as affecting Waffle House, it positively impacted our social engagements,” Gillespie said.

With Dobbs’ new found fame, she noted the difficulty of balancing school and her music.

“It’s hard to balance the two, especially in a time like now where everywhere you go, there’s a chance that someone is going to say, ‘Oh my gosh, that’s the girl from the Waffle House video.’ And that’s happened to me know at least three times,” Dobbs said.

Dobbs’ biggest dream is going into the music industry full time.

“I say this all the time, and I don’t mean to say this in any means to encourage folks what I am about to say, but I’ve always said that if my music were to pick up as in viral or anything or I get signed by a major label, I’m quitting school,” Dobbs said.

Even though Dobbs mentioned she liked making the Waffle House parodies, she wants to produce more serious songs in the future.

“As far as like music wise, I don’t always want to do parodies for the rest of my life,” Dobbs said. “If that’s how it starts, that’s fine, but eventually I would pepper in like my own stuff, because at the end of the day, if I tour the world, I don’t want to be touring as ‘Karlie Dobbs, the Waffle House girl.’ I [would] rather be Karlie D, the R&B pop singer, or something like that.”

Dobbs said that she got her love for music from her dad.

“I guess I should say it was instilled on us kids. I am in a family of four. We’re all musically inclined, and I think we mostly get it from our dad. He was in a R&B group before we were born,” Dobbs said.

Dobbs was glad that she made the Waffle House jingles because it had such an impact.

“Waffle House is a great supporter. They’ve been nothing but nice to me about this,” Dobbs said. “I feel happy to help promote them, promote Bruno, as well as promote myself. I just feel like it’s a win-win-win situation.”

Gillespie says that Waffle House is a big Bruno Mars fan.

“I think he is incredibly talented. I think all the Grammys he won proves that too,” Gillespie said.

Corrections: The original version of this article's headline misidentified that Dobbs was a Waffle House employee. An earlier version misstated the hashtag #HooliganTwitterPartyWithWaffleHouse. Waffle House is correctly identified as Waffle House, Inc. 

caroline webb

THE TRUE SOLUTION TO MARRIAGE , CHEATING , DIVORCE , AND RELATIONSHIP ISSUES... I suggest you read this,
My name is Jessica Jack, from united States, i'm so excited my broken Marriage has been restored & my husband is back after he left me and our 2 kids for another woman. After 5 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and kids for another woman. thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Purity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 2 days later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before,All thanks to Dr Purity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr Purity is a real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him puritylovespell@gmail.com you can also call him (+2348070980389) thanks for reading...

caroline webb

GizmoMaren

How To Save Your Marriage,Stop Divorce And Get Your Husband Back... I'm here today to say thanks to be grateful Dr.happy for the happiness he brought to my marriage
well!! I'm Cassie Tiffany from texas, USA...
i have two kids 5 years old and 9 years old, they are my precious one in life.. i have been through pain and bitter, i cry every night when I'm alone on my bed.. but today i thank Dr.happy for wiping away my tears and bring back joy to me again.. 5 years ago, my husband left me with my kids for no reason, i try to make peace with my husband because i love him so much.. but my husband never give me any chance, ..he dislike the kids for no reason. and i tried a lot of spell caster to know where the problem was coming for and why my husband left me to another woman, but the spell caster keep asking me for money and i keep paying to them without knowing they where fake and scam.. after losing $4000 to different spell casters i was broke and confused in life, but one day, i travel to south Africa for a wedding parting then i meant a man and his name is silvia, silvia was so friendly to me and with that i make friend with him and also tell him about my marriage problem and how my husband left me to another woman.. i cry so bad. but my friend told me not to worried.. my friend introduce me to this spell caster whom i explain all my problem to, this spell caster told me what to do and he also tell me the problem and why it happens ..
I'm so grateful with the work of Dr happy.. he is really a spell caster with creative and honest life, and i could not believe that after two days of casting the spell, my husband got back to me crying apologizing for leaving me, he said to me that he don't know what come over him.. today I'm happy with my kids and my husband.. help me thanks Dr happy, he's really greteful.. if you need any help or facing any problem in your marriage.. contact him today on this email: happylovespell2@gmail.com this is real life story.. give him a try and i promise your problem will be solve
Whatsapp him or better still call...+2348133873774
You can also view on his Blogs site... https://happylovespell2.blogspot.com.ng/
thank!!

OliviaStephen22

Urgent effective love Spell caster to help you bring back ex lover & save you marriage fast.My Name Olivia Stephen from CA,USA. After 12years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact:Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,Call/WhatsApp: +2348071622464 , his website: https://urgentspell.blogspot.com .