From travelling, to writing, to concocting delicious meals, to more travelling, Anthony Bourdain has a host of accomplishments, all of which will remain part of his legacy following his untimely death.

Bourdain, who took his life June 8, 2018, was a celebrity chef and writer who hosted “Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown.” The television show, originally broadcast on CNN, began in 2013 and continued until the chef’s death.

“Parts Unknown,” which focused on both travel across the world and the various cuisines associated, won four Primetime Emmy Awards, and was nominated for 12. In 2013, Bourdain’s series won a Peabody Award.

“He’s irreverent, honest, curious, never condescending, never obsequious,” said the official Peabody Awards. “People open up to him and, in doing so, often reveal more about their hometowns or homelands than a traditional reporter could hope to document.”

In his acceptance speech, Bourdain modestly credited the “very simple” questions he asked that in turn, revealed “astonishing answers.”

University of Georgia student Christina Rivera, a native of Franklin Square, New York, and junior majoring in sociology, weighed in on Bourdain’s death and the legacy he leaves behind.

“I found out yesterday morning, right when I woke up. My dad had said that he wanted to tell me something,” Rivera said. “He told me what had happened and I was in complete shock. I sat on my couch maybe for an hour actually crying.”

Rivera, who has been a fan of Bourdain’s for some time, explained that she quickly fell in love with his television show.

“I started watching his show, ‘Parts Unknown,’ from the very first episode. I would watch it every Sunday,” she said.

Rivera was floored upon discovering his death. To her, he seemed to have everything together and figured out.

“He was the last person I’d ever think would do something like that,” said Rivera. “I would always say how I wanted his life because it seemed like he had the perfect life and job.”

Bourdain’s death follows Kate Spade’s recent suicide, which Rivera said these two occurrences could potentially create a space and time for a national discussion about mental health, namely depression and suicide.

“It’ll be up to us and society if we actually start talking about it,” Rivera said.

As for Bourdain himself, he spoke on dying in “Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly.”

“[When I die], I will decidedly not be regretting missed opportunities for a good time. My regrets will be more along the lines of a sad list of people hurt, people let down, assets wasted and advantages squandered,” Bourdain said.