What to do when Jane knows DICK about dating

"What to Do When Jane Knows DICK About Dating" by Laura J. Wellington is a book full of dating advice that can help readers in their relationships.

In her novel, “What to Do When Jane Knows DICK About Dating,” Laura J. Wellington takes readers back to the basics of romance by dishing out indispensable dating advice that you will wish you knew a decade ago.

Wellington wrote that her inspiration to write the novel came to her after visiting Amsterdam, where she overheard a conversation between two women about a recently failed dating experience.

Wellington listened quietly for a while, “and couldn’t help but chuckle to [herself] as she marveled at how ridiculously complicated and muddled dating had become for these women, and frankly, for all single women.”

Eventually, Wellington started a conversation with the two women that lasted over an hour, and it ended with the women declaring that Wellington needed to write the ultimate guidebook dictating her sleek, streamlined and savvy approach to dating.

Wellington did just that and produced one of the most concise and comprehensive dating guides that I’ve read in a while.

The book focuses on navigating the beginning stages of dating — specifically, the first three months — and discusses the importance of patience, communication and most importantly, self-respect.

“It’s disheartening to see how many [women] trade away their own specialness for snippets of attention for men who barely know they are alive,” writes Wellington, “Watching moments like this unfold is as painful to me as nails on a chalkboard.”

Throughout the novel, she refers to women as “Janes” and the men as “Dicks,” based on a series of 1930s-1970s children’s novels which gave the novel its own personal touch and added a good bit of comedic flair.

She also used metaphors relating to “Dick and Jane” which, at times, were slightly awkward to read, but still lent itself to the novel in a creative way, and helped the reader visualize Wellington’s advice and anecdotes.

Much of the novel seems to connect back to one, core idea, based on a piece of advice Wellington’s father gave her: “If you want to find out if a guy truly wants you, do nothing and watch what he does. Men who want you will make it obvious. Men who don’t will make that obvious too.”

She writes that men are “literal creatures,” and that you will know within the first three months — maybe even sooner — if a guy is worth your time. Wellington also laments that too many “Janes” change themselves for “Dicks,” and that dating can only become easy when a woman realizes her self-worth and the value she brings to a relationship.

Although the bulk of Wellington’s advice is applicable to all women navigating the minefield that is dating men, I did wish there was more discussion about some of the new nuances of dating. Specifically, how traditional dating has been eclipsed by “talking” and “hanging out.”

I also think that many formalities she talks about, such as men picking up the bill most of the time, are less commonplace. Wellington addresses the fact that if you are the person who asks the other to dinner, you should pick up the tab.

However, despite these very, very small qualms, I truly do think that “What to Do When Jane Knows DICK About Dating,” was filled to the brim with fabulous advice that had me tabbing and highlighting almost every page.

The chapters are short and to the point, but never lack in content, metaphors or anecdotes. I never felt my attention wane and finished the entire book in an afternoon.

The message overall is a good one that encourages “Janes” to focus on themselves, and when it comes to the “Dicks,” to just watch, listen and wait. You’ll know if you have a good one.

caroline webb

THE TRUE SOLUTION TO MARRIAGE , CHEATING , DIVORCE , AND RELATIONSHIP ISSUES I’m so excited! Thanks to Dr.lucky for bringing back my Ex-husband and brought great joy to me today! luckysolutiontempl@gmail.com is certainly the best spell caster online,if you need your Ex lover back fast!and his result is 100% guarantee.. After 12 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr lucky can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr lucky. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.lucky real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: luckysolutiontemple@gmail.com, you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348070980389