Family & Friends-4 (1).jpg

Family & Friends huddle together before a show. Family & Friends will perform on Friday, Aug. 24 at the Georgia Theatre. Photo/Shubham Kadam

Thursday, Aug. 23

Deer Eyes

Athens dream pop group Deer Eyes will play with The Curls and Dot.s at a show presented by WUOG 90.5 FM. The band released its self-titled debut album this past January. Doors for the show open at 9 p.m., and tickets are $5 for ages 21 and up, and $7 for ages 18-20.

Louis Romano Quartet

Louis Romano Quartet, an Athens jazz group originally from New Orleans, will play a free show at Hendershot’s. The group mixes music from all over the world within the framework of a general jazz sound. The show starts at 8 p.m. and goes until 9 p.m.

Friday, Aug. 24

Avery Leigh's Night Palace

Avery Leigh’s Night Palace will headline a free show at Go Bar as part of the Monochromatic Party event. The group is a dream pop band fronted by a UGA alumna, has a sound reminiscent of the disbanded Athens group WANDA. The event starts at 8 p.m.

Family and Friends

Athens mainstay Family and Friends will play a hometown show at the Georgia Theatre in support of its recent debut album “Felix Culpa.” The Brook & The Bluff and Casey Harper will open the concert.Tickets are $15. Doors open at 8 p.m. with music starting at 9 p.m. 

Saturday, Aug. 18

The Tuten Brothers

The Tuten Brothers, a country-rock band popular with many UGA students, will headline the Georgia Theatre. Rock groups Reid Haughton and Jester will open. Regarding its sound, the band cites inspirations like NEEDTOBREATHE and Zac Brown Band. Doors for the show open at 7:30 p.m., and tickets are $10.

Mark Hosler

Experimental electronic musician Mark Hosler will play a set at Hendershot’s. Hosler, a founder of audio visual collage group Negativland, uses a homemade setup of noise-making devices. Doors for the show open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door.