Kesha 2018

Kesha is one of many bisexual celebrities you may not know about.

Pride flags of all forms filled the streets of Athens for the 2018 Athens PRIDE festival on Sept. 9. Two weeks later, the LGBTQ community continues to show their pride for Celebrate Bisexuality Day, which falls on Sunday, Sept. 23.

So, in light of Celebrate Bisexuality Day, here are 10 artists you might not have realized are bisexual. 

1. Antoni Porowski

This “Queer Eye” star and renowned food and wine specialist talked about his sexuality earlier in the year and although he doesn’t prefer the rigid label of bisexuality, Porowoski told People Magazine, “I remember in my early twenties I was like, ‘But bisexual means I can only like girls and guys, what if I like something else?’”

2. Shannon Purser

Shannon Purser, the protagonist in “Sierra Burgess Is a Loser” and the beloved character Barb in “Stranger Things,” came out as bi in a tweet in 2017. “I’ve only just recently come out as bisexual to my family and friends,” she said. “It’s something I’m still processing.” The tweet has since been deleted as fans who ship “Beronica” — the femslash ship of “Riverdale” characters Betty and Veronica — were offended. 

3. Jason Mraz

For Gay Pride Month, Billboard asked multiple celebrities, including Jason Mraz, to write the LGBTQ community “love letters.” Mraz did and ended his poem with “I am bi your side. When the New York Post asked if that was Mraz’s own way of coming out as bisexual, he said, “Well yeah. It kind of caught me by surprise, but I strive to … grow and evolve and know myself.”

4. Aubrey Plaza

Arguably most famous for her incredible portrayal of April in “Parks and Recreation,” Aubrey Plaza came out as bisexual in 2016. “I fall in love with girls and guys,” Plaza said in an interview with The Advocate. The actress said although she went to an all-girls Catholic school “in a very conservative neighborhood,” the LGBTQ community has always been “[her] people.”

5. Sarah Paulson

Like Porowski, the “American Horror Story” recurring star Sarah Paulson doesn’t label her sexuality, though she’s fallen in love with both men and women. She recently received criticism for dating Holland Taylor, a woman 32 years older than her. However, Paulson rejected the disapproval of her haters, saying in a Town & Country magazine piece, “What else can I say? We love each other.”

6. Billie Joe Armstrong

Billie Joe Armstrong of the punk rock band Green Day has always been transparent about his sexuality. In 1995, told The Advocate, “I think I’ve always been bisexual.” He added that he has a theory that everyone is born bisexual and “it’s just that our parents and society kind of veer us off into this feeling of ‘Oh, I can’t.’”

7. Azealia Banks

A rapper from Harlem, Azealia Banks is bisexual. Banks announced this after she was accused of being a homophobe after she used gay slurs in a tweet. “I have a transgender sibling,” Banks said. “All of my friends are gay. I am bisexual.”

8. Kesha

Kesha is another bisexual artist and musician who just last year produced “Rainbow,” a 14-song album full of queer anthems. She’s also a minister and has ordained marriages for LGBTQ couples

9. Carrie Brownstein

This “Portlandia” star and “Saturday Night Live” collaborator is open about her sexuality but doesn’t like her queerness to define her. Brownstein was outed by Spin magazine during a time where she wasn’t ready to come out. “It instilled in me a weariness of being too exposed. I don’t need everything to exist on a stage,” she said in an interview with Sam Jones of “The Off Camera Show.”

10. Ezra Miller

Ezra Miller, most well-known for his roles in “The Perks of Being a Wildflower” and “We Need to Talk About Kevin,” is bisexual and struggled with his queer identity growing up. In an interview with The Daily Beast, Miller recalled being at a concert as a middle-schooler where someone called him a homophobic slur before punching him in the face. “I think a lot of people are projecting their own troubles and fears concerning sexuality onto those around them,” he said. “I’ve been attracted mostly to ‘shes’ but … I’m open to love wherever it can be found.”