180721_JEB_SighInJulySaturday_0010.jpg

Robbie Dude performs at Sigh in July in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, July 21, 2018. (Photo/Jason Born)

Electronic dance music is undoubtedly a genre made to be listened to through big speakers where the bass can vibrate the front row. But we can’t catch every show, and some of these artists have class in the morning and can’t play every night, either.

So, if you’re in search of EDM to hold you over until the next show, here’s your playlist of new and veteran DJs from Athens. Some of the mixes are live, some are testers, but all are local.

1. SHΛKTi 

Samantha Barnhart is a University of Georgia student who started DJing in fall 2018. “a little taste” is her first posted mix, which draws in deep dubstep and global bass. She plans to work on producing music throughout the summer.

2. Tanuki! 

Edward Mortimer is a UGA student who has loved electronic dance music since high school. After DJing some events where they preferred set playlists instead of original mixes, Mortimer decided to use his backyard as a platform for himself and other artists to have creative freedom.

3. SLZRD

Sami Rouchdi said Mortimer’s parties in the backyard was a springboard to get him to where he is today. Rouchdi mixes all genres of bass music and consistently releases original tracks on his Soundcloud.

4. M3WT

Mitch Willis is an Athens resident who is famous in the bass scene for his lo-fi, downtempo sets. He plays both Atlanta and Athens and taught Barnhart how to mix.

5. Robbie Dude

Robbie Beck is an Athens resident who has been DJing in the city for about five years. He mixes smooth R&B and hip-hop in his sets and has played multiple festivals and cities.

6. Andy Bruh 

Andy Herrington started DJing in Athens while in college and is now based in Atlanta. He and Beck are good friends and DJ’ed back-to-back at SweetWater 420 Festival.

Correction: A previous version of this article misidentified Mitch Willis. The Red & Black regrets this error and it has since been fixed.