Insomnia Cookies

An Insomnia Cookies employee adjusts a window display in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/Rainey Gregg)

As April 20 approaches this Saturday, businesses are catching on that this unofficial holiday of 4/20 might actually be an opportunity to make some extra cash.

We compiled four deals across Athens for this holiday to celebrate cannabis culture.

1. WingZone

WingZone is a restaurant started at the University of Florida making its way across America and into other countries.

This year will be the second year of WingZone’s special 4/20 deal: 10 boneless wings with mac and cheese bites as an appetizer for $10. This deal will go from April 20-21.

“We wanted to push some boundaries,” the marketing director for all domestic stores, including over 50 WingZones, Michael Vaughn, said. “With the growing acceptance and legalization of marijuana, it’s a no-brainer that companies will pick up on it and more corporate organizations will piggyback on the holiday.”

2. Mellow Mushroom

This entire month, customers can get a small cheese pizza for $4.20 by texting LUNCH420 to 47377. Mellow Mushroom declined to comment on the deal.

3. Insomnia Cookies

For those with a sweet tooth, Insomnia Cookies will give a free traditional cookie to anyone who comes into the store, no purchase necessary.

“We are excited to treat our loyal customers to a free cookie on 4/20,” Tom Carusona, the chief marketing officer of Insomnia Cookies, said in a press release. “It’s a fun way to celebrate the day.”

4. Wings Over Athens

Wings Over Athens is another wing spot offering 4/20 deals in the Classic City. Its deals aim to please every size of party customers are trying to feed. Wings Over will have cheesy bacon tots for $4.20. In addition, customers may want to try the four DC-3, boneless wings with two orders of fries for $20.

For more of a family deal, the shop is offering a $42 deal with four buttermilk chicken sandwiches, four waffle fries and four drinks. But the largest sized option, the $420 party deal, offers with three Zeppelins, two C-5 galaxy orders of wings, two orders of waffle fries, two orders of onion rings, four two-liter sodas and two wings over hats.