200324_ks_EmptyDT_0001 copy.jpg

The Georgia Theatre leaves a message for Athens residents during the COVID-19 crisis. Photo taken in Athens, Georgia, on March 24, 2020. (Photo/ Kathryn Skeean, kskeean@randb.com)

The Georgia Theatre announced on Facebook and Twitter yesterday that it will host the American country band LANCO in September, making it the first live show announcement at the venue since the start of the pandemic last year.

LANCO, a group originating from Nashville, will perform at the theater on Sept. 16. The band’s music was featured in the Netflix original show “The Ranch” and the popular reality show “The Bachelor.” Tickets go on sale this Friday at 10 a.m.

The Georgia Theatre, which was closed for the past year like many other concert venues, will have several rescheduled concerts that were postponed last year due to COVID-19.

According to the Georgia Theatre website, there are three new show dates. The indie rock band Susto, rescheduled from April 9, 2020, will perform on Sept. 10. Laine Hardy, a country singer who won season 17 of “American Idol,” has a show on Nov. 4 and the Cadillac Three, a Southern rock group, will perform on Nov. 11.

Nimra Ahmad double majors in journalism and international affairs at the University of Georgia. She joined The Red & Black in Oct. 2020 and has worked as a contributor and culture editor. She particularly enjoys covering music, religion and UGA life.