TheGraduateWeb-1.jpg

The Thanksgiving buffet at Graduate Athens is on Thanksgiving Day from 11 a.m.-—3:30 p.m.

Kendra Scott will be bringing its University of Georgia-inspired collection to the Graduate Athens Hotel for a gameday pop-up shop on Saturday, Nov. 4, before the Georgia vs. South Carolina football game.

Kendra Scott is a lifestyle brand best known for its jewelry, but just last year, the brand expanded to include home goods. Andrea Knight, a UGA grad and the community relations and event manager for the flagship store in Alpharetta, has worked on multiple Kendra Scott events on the University of Georgia campus.

“We’ve actually partnered with the Student Merchandising Association on campus a couple times,” Knight said. “They helped us with a float for the homecoming parade, which was a success.”

The brand has also done pop-up shops at different sorority houses and events and has worked with multiple non-profits around Athens.

“Kendra Scott partners with a lot of non-profit organizations to give back,” Knight said. “We usually give back 20 percent of the profits to the organization in order to help them and raise awareness.”

While the brand has done many events on the UGA campus, this will be its first time partnering with the Graduate Hotel. Meredith Pittman, the marketing coordinator for the Graduate Hotel, has worked on a few pop-up shops that have taken place there, including the Draper James pop-up that took place earlier this year.

“The Draper James pop-up shop went really well, with a lot of people from Atlanta turning up,” Pittman said. “And we have tailgate pop-up shops every week that are a hit with the guests.”

This weekend’s pop-up shop does cater to college students in the area due to the gameday collection, but the shop is also hoping to appeal to all of the Athens community.

“Our brand appeals to anyone from a 13-year-old girl looking for the perfect item to anyone over 70,” said Knight. “Our signature pieces give off a younger feel.”

The pop-up shop will offer signature Kendra Scott items such as the Rayne necklace along with trendier choices such as its new line of chokers. To fit the tailgate theme, the shop will offer UGA-inspired pieces in red, black, and white.

“Our red, black, and white jewelry can be worn with both casual and fancier clothing options,” Knight said. 

The Kendra Scott pop-up shop will be running Saturday, Nov. 4 from 10 a.m–1 p.m at the Graduate Athens Hotel.

“We would love for everyone to come out,” Knight said. “Not only college students, but everyone in the Athens community is sure to find a piece they love here.”