Beau Shell, known as the Lil' Ice Cream Dude, is a the CEO and founder of his business

Beau Shell of the Lil Ice Cream Dude poses for a portrait at Athens First Bank & Trust in Athens, Georgia on Tuesday, June 13. (Photo/Emily Haney, emilyhaney.com)

The Lil Ice Cream Dude, one of Athens' youngest entrepreneurs, is opening the first location of his ice cream shop today in Athens, Georgia. 

The soft opening comes  after six years of operating out of his parents garage, according to a Facebook post. Lil Ice Cream Dude is ready to open up his own brick and mortar ice cream shop at only 13 years old. 

At 13, Athens resident Beau Shell is an experienced entrepreneur, with an ice cream truck business. The youngest member of the Athens Chamber of Commerce, Shell aspires to be a multimillionaire before he gets to high school. Video by Veronica Ogbe.

The shop is located on 1040 Gaines School Road #218 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. with Beau Shell, the Lil Ice Cream Dude, giving presentations on his business plan at 1 p.m., 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.

Lil Ice Cream Dude's Kickstarter campaign is ongoing for 35 more days, the fundraising campaign is seeking $20,000 according to the website. The campaign started on Nov. 24, for the purpose of raising money for COOL World, Shell's ice creams shop.

"The installation of the floors and ceilings alone will consume most of the $20,000 but there will be enough left over to purchase the basic equipment Beau will need to get up and running," the campaign statement reads.

The fundraiser is accepting contributions anywhere from $15 to $5,000 with the latter contributor receiving multiple perks.

"At this level supporters will help to create one of 5 custom ice cream sandwiches to be featured on the "Specials" menu and which will bear their names or the names of any their consenting family members. These sandwiches will be sold in all Cool World Ice Cream Shops. Backers at this level will also receive five autographed copies of Beau's first children's book, "Coolest Birthday Ever" and one Cool World t-shirt," according to the Kickstarter page.