Death Wish

'Death Wish' was released on March 2. 

Imagine the original "Die Hard," a true classic that put Bruce Willis on the map as an action hero. Now imagine it less epic, less iconic, less entertaining, but more shallow and more ridiculous. What you have is Willis' latest film "Death Wish."

A reboot of a 1974 classic about vigilante justice, "Death Wish" features all the makings of a gratuitous, parody-ready action film, from cookie-cutter villians to a hail of bullets and blood splatters galore. But while the original found relative success with its audience, this reimaging lacks any semblance of quality.

Willis plays Paul Kersey, a Chicago trauma surgeon who, after burglars kill his wife and leave his daughter in a coma, takes the law into his own hands, hunting down the perpetrators.

What follows is an hour-and-a-half of exploitation and torture-porn propped up by machismo and handgun fetishism.

Coupled with absolutely abysmal acting, particularly with a phoned-in performance from Willis who couldn't be less interested in the film, and stale tropes left over from the 1970s, and the movie is doomed to fail.

While it's difficult to even watch the movie, it's more difficult to watch it and not take into account the current social context. The movie uses the high murder rate in Chicago as a backdrop, but while sidestepping the discussion of racial violence well enough, it ultimately personifies the "good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns" line of propaganda.

That's particularly troubling given the current discussion around guns and the National Rifle Association in the wake of the shooting in Parkland, Florida. While MGM had no real control over whether the release of a movie glorifying guns coincides with a mass shooting, as a result, the themes are noticeably more pronounced that perhaps originally intended. Jokes and commentary about background checks and assault rifles that may have gone relatively unnoticed in different times are particularly pungent.

Beyond the commentary, the rest of “Death Wish” is almost purely unjustified revenge, “Taken” without Liam Neeson and with more blood, and offers next to nothing in the way of genuine entertainment.

A poorly-timed, graphic, bullet-worshiping movie that’s difficult to sit through and next-to-impossible to enjoy, "Death Wish" is dead on arrival.

Nicole Travolta

HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK URGENTLY AFTER DIVORCE/BREAKUP!.

Hi everyone,
I'm so excited. My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup, I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy. i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Azeez can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 17 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Azeez if you have any problem contact Dr Azeez now and i guarantee you that he will help you. Here’s his contact.
Email him at: Azeezabdulahi12@gmail.com
Call / add him on what’s-app: +2348160153829