Reptar

Reptar will play at the 40 Watt Friday Aug. 19.

Thursday, Aug. 18

Butch Walker

Butch Walker, former front man of the '90s alt-rock group Marvelous 3, will perform a solo show at the 40 Watt. Walker is known both for his musicianship as well as his keen songwriting abilities. Indie folk duo The Wind and the Wave and Suzanne Santo will open the evening. Music begins at 7 p.m., and tickets are $26.

Luke Combs

Fans of country music will want to find themselves at the Georgia Theatre on Thursday night. North Carolinian Luke Combs will perform his country singer-songwriter style. Augusta native Ray Fulcher and Jabe Fortner will open with sets of various country sounds. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door, and the show starts at 8 p.m. 

Ike Stubblefield

Longtime Motown virtuoso Ike Stubblefield made his carrier in the background, playing for legendary acts such as The Temptations, Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder. Stubblefield will play at Live Wire featuring his signature Hammond keyboard sound alongside special guest Derek Scott. Celtic pub band Repent and Leisure will open. Tickets are $10, and music begins at 8 p.m. 

Friday, Aug. 19

Reptar

Local indie pop group Reptar has gained success through the combination of dreamy synths and new wave beats. The band’s 2015 album “Lurid Glow” received large critical acclaim. Athens artists Neighbor Lady and Vaperror will play opening sets. The show starts at 8 p.m. at the 40 Watt. Tickets are $12.

Hooker

Local rock group Hooker will play at the Caledonia Lounge on Friday night. The band derives its self-acclaimed “white-trash glam-rock” sound from blaring guitar lines and driving front vocals. Atlanta alt-rockers Ides of June and Nashville locals Ferris and the Wheels will open. Music begins at 9:30 p.m. and tickets are $5.

Perpetual Groove

Perpetual Groove has been a notable force in the jam-band rock scene over the past two decades largely due to the group’s live sound and exciting often-improvised shows. The band began touring again in 2015 after a two-year hiatus and makes their second stop to Athens in 2016. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. The show at the Georgia Theatre will start at 9 p.m.

Saturday, Aug. 20 

Marc Scibilia

Singer-songwriter Marc Scibilia has received critical acclaim and success from his 2016 album “Out of Style”. The Nashville native combines his smooth vocals with guitar hooks and piano to create a sincere pop sound. Rock artist Elliot Root and local Lily Rose will open the evening. Tickets to the show are $12 and music at the Georgia Theatre will start at 8 p.m.

Cracker

In honor of its first anniversary, the Southern Brewing Company will be hosting a party featuring long-standing rockers Cracker. The band, fronted by MBUS professor David Lowery, features a genre-bending guitar led sound. The first anniversary party at the Southern Brewing Company starts at 4 p.m. and tickets are $35.

Wrenn

Local pop artist Wrenn will play at Terrapin Beer Co. on Saturday night. The show is apart of Your Fest, an event aimed at raising funds for combating childhood hunger, and sponsored by Your Pie. The Grateful Brothers, Redstone Ramblers, and Nuclear Tourism will also be performing. The event begins at 1 p.m. and tickets are $10.

To get a taste of some of the artists performing this weekend, listen to the songs on the playlist below.