180809_rmw_RussellHall_11 copy.jpg

The brand new Market at Russell, a small convenience store located within the Russell Hall residence hall, on August 9, 2018 in Athens, Georgia. The Market is open Monday through Saturday until 2 a.m. and has snacks, drinks, a coffee bar and more available for students. (Photo/Rebecca Wright)

After being closed for the 2017-2018 school year, Russell Hall is open once again, accommodating one thousand University of Georgia students. One of the dorm's major renovations was the addition of the Market at Russell, a convenience store that has a lot of useful and unusual items for students to purchase. Here are a few that students may find interesting or helpful in the upcoming school year.

1. Blue Books and Scantrons — $1.09 each

These classroom staples might not be as important now, but having Blue Books and Scantrons so handy will definitely become crucial later in the semester. If you’re around Russell and need one of the two for a class, stop in and pick one up.

2. Kombucha — $3.79

Kombucha at the Market at Russell

Kevita and kombucha drinks are available for purchase at the Market at Russell, the new addition to Russell Hall.

The Market at Russell offers four different flavors of kombucha, a beverage made of sweetened tea that is fermented for one to three weeks. The drink has grown in popularity due to its supposed health benefits, including boosting immunity. If you’ve been curious about the drink, you can find it available at the Market.

3. Flu/cold medicine — $5.09

Fall is right around the corner, and so is cold and flu season. Thankfully, if you find yourself a victim of a so-called “UGA plague,” you can buy some over-the-counter daytime cold/flu relief at the Market at Russell without having to leave campus.

4. Laundry detergent — $6.09

Dear freshmen: please, please wash your clothes. The rest of us can tell when you don’t. If you ran out of detergent, you don’t have an excuse to not do laundry, because the Market has you covered.

5. Frozen pizzas — $5.99-6.99

Frozen pizzas at Market at Russell

Two different kinds of frozen pizzas can be purchased at the Market at Russell, the new convenience store in Russell Hall.

It’s not delivery — it’s the Market at Russell! The Market currently offers two different kinds of frozen pizza: a Digiorno supreme and four-meat Tombstone. If you’re ever craving pizza but don’t want the hassle of delivery or carryout, this is the next best option.

6. Tide To Go pen — $3.09

Listen, we all have bad days. If you happen to get too excited about the pasta line at O-House and need to get some tomato sauce off your shirt, the Market has your back. Make the trip and get this lifesaver, it’ll come in handy.

7. Hummus with vegetables — $3.49

Looking for a bit of a healthier snack than the cookies you keep taking en masse from Bolton? Hummus is a great source of protein, which can help keep you full and focused while you study. The veggies included in this snack – carrots, celery, broccoli and red bell peppers – contain nutrients like vitamin A and potassium that can help round out your college diet.

8. Customizable coffee — $1.68

180809_rmw_RussellHall_13 copy.jpg

The brand new Market at Russell, a small convienience store located within the Russell Hall residence hall, on August 9, 2018 in Athens, Georgia. The Market is open Monday through Saturday until 2 a.m. and has snacks, drinks, a coffee bar and more available for students. (Photo/Rebecca Wright)

If you’re looking to save a little money but still want a caffeine rush, try the coffee options at the Market at Russell. A number of flavored syrups and creamers are available at the counter, so buying a flavored coffee doesn’t have to break the bank.

9. Bottle opener — $0.99

Sometimes we all just need to crack open a cold soda with the boys. Thankfully, the Market at Russell has you covered. For a very small price, you can get a bottle opener that can help you further along in your college career.

Bonus — Free treats for service dogs/service dogs in training

Service dog treats at Market at Russell

The new Market at Russell has a jar of free treats for any service dog or service dog in training.

You heard it here: free treats for service dogs of all shapes and sizes are available at the Market at Russell.