Philanthropy season has kicked off at the University of Georgia, and the 19 Panhellenic sororities on campus have filled up the calendar for the semester.
Every semester, sorority and fraternity chapters at UGA put on philanthropy events to raise money for local and/or national charities their chapter sponsors. While most chapters invite people to their sorority houses for a meal, some events like Alpha Gamma Delta’s Mr. Milledge and Sigma Delta Tau’s Greek Grind get other greek life chapters and students involved.
Students can purchase tickets to the events from sorority chapter members. To make sure you never miss a chance to donate to a charity while enjoying a meal or a fun night, check out our Fall 2018 Sorority Philanthropy Lineup.
September was a month chock-full of philanthropy events. From Alpha Gamma Delta’s Mr. Milledge to Delta Zeta’s Wing Bash to Sigma Kappa’s Stars and Stripes Dinner to Delta Phi Epsilon’s Donutpalooza and Phi Mu’s Meal on the Lawn. Each of these events helped to benefit organizations like the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation National Association for Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders and the Children's Miracle Network.
October is stocked with enough sorority philanthropy events to last the entire month. Sigma Delta Tau’s highly anticipated Greek Grind event already has more than 200 people attending, according to their Facebook event page.
October 3: Kappa Delta’s Waffle House
- Benefitting: Athens Council of Prevent Child Abuse
October 3: Alpha Phi’s Mac ‘n’ Phis
- Benefiting: Alpha Phi Foundation
October 7: Chi Omega’s Walk for Wishes
- Benefiting: Make-A-Wish Foundation
October 7: Delta Delta Delta’s Pancake Supper
- Benefiting: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
October 9: Alpha Delta Pi’s Teeter Totter
- Benefiting: Ronald McDonald House
October 9: Delta Gamma’s Low Country Boil
- Benefitting: Service for Sight
October 10: Sigma Delta Tau’s Greek Grind
- Benefiting: Prevent Child Abuse America
October 16: Alpha Chi Omega’s Barefoot on the Lawn
- Benefiting: Relay for Life
October 17: Alpha Omega Pi’s Burgers and Fries
- Benefiting: Juvenile Arthritis Foundation
November 4: Kappa Alpha Theta’s Philanthropy Event
- Benefitting: Court Appointed Special Advocates
November 6: Kappa Kappa Gamma’s Casino Night
- Benefitting: The Common Ground Collective, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital