180622_RAC_Creature-6.jpg

Creature Comforts Brewery in Athens, Georgia, will host an SEC Championship watch party from 1–10 p.m. on Dec. 1, 2018. (Photo/Ryan Cameron rac86114@uga.edu)

The ringing of the chapel bell, the fiercely faithful fans, the haunting sound of a single trumpet from the southwest corner of Sanford Stadium – true Bulldog fans understand there is nothing like a Saturday in Athens. This is especially as the  Bulldogs gear up to fight for the 2018 SEC Championship on Dec. 1.

While many of the Bulldog faithful will rally at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, there will still be a thriving fan base rooting on the football team from Athens.

Here are seven locations where you can watch the SEC Championship in the Classic City.

1. The Georgia Theatre

The historic Georgia Theatre will host a watch party for the SEC Championship with doors opening at 2 p.m. The event is free and is open to anyone ages 21 and over. The game begins at 4 p.m. and will be displayed on the big screen on the stage where so many stars have performed before. As an added bonus, it’s only a four-minute walk from the Georgia Theatre to the chapel bell where University of Georgia students celebrate special events for generations — just saying. 

2. GTC (Georgia Theatre Company) University 16

Another option is to watch the game from the comfort of one of the Athens movie theaters. University 16 Cinema will host a free event for fans to watch the game. The theatre will serve food and drinks from the Outtakes Restaurant & Bar. Seating is set to begin at 1 p.m., but this time is subject to change. Everyone wanting to watch the game in the theatre will need to get a free wristband to secure their seat. Only one wristband will be awarded to each person present, and the event will last until 8 p.m.

3. Live Wire

Live Wire, another well-known event venue in downtown Athens, will welcome fans with free admission to watch the game. The doors open at 1 p.m. and the event will go until 8 p.m. Chick-fil-A will cater the event and live music from Polar Waves. The event is open to all ages, and tables can be reserved ahead of time. Doors open at 1 p.m.  

4. The Foundry

The Foundry will open its doors at 2 p.m. for yet another free viewing party for the game. The event will have special deals on local food and drinks. Local beers will be $4 and chicken fingers and fries are $6. What more could a loyal fan need? 

5. GTC Beechwood Cinemas

The Beechwood branch of the GTC will also be welcoming fans for free, but with a slightly different schedule than University 16. At noon the theatre will begin handing out wristbands to secure a spot for the watch party.Seating will begin at 3 p.m.. The event will be hosted until 9 p.m., and food and beverages will be available for purchase at the Outtakes Kitchen & Bar.

6. Tate Theatre

Conveniently on campus, the Tate Theatre will welcome students with a current UGA identification card beginning at 3 p.m. There will be a spread of tailgate food available, and free, to students on a first-come, first-served basis. Even when the Dawgs are playing away from home, there is still an opportunity to watch them from the heart of campus.

7. Creature Comforts

The tasting room at Creature Comforts will be devoted to cheering for the Dawgs from 1–10 p.m. with live coverage of the game. No matter where the Dawgs go on game days, the atmosphere in Athens remains unparalleled. After all, there is no institution worthy of such loyalty as the University of Georgia.