*repeat repeat review photo

Jared and Kristyn Corder of *repeat repeat perform together during a concert at the Georgia Theatre rooftop on Friday, June 14, 2019, in Athens, Georgia. Well Kept, an Athens alternative band, opened for Nashville-based *repeat repeat on the rooftop. (Photo/Gabriella Audi, www.gabbyaudi10.wixsite.com/mysite-1)

The band *repeat repeat stopped in Athens to rock the Georgia Theatre rooftop as a part of its Glazed and Confused Tour on Friday, June 14. The group brought rock-like energy and punk-like rebellion as it performed songs from its most recent album, “Glazed.”

Though the Nashville band’s music is difficult to box into a single genre, its performance was charmingly punk-rock with a dash of pop tossed into the mix.

Front-man Jared Corder kept the audience engaged and laughing between joking around, jumping off a speaker and taking a shot of whiskey onstage.

“I wrote this song for the pop-punk good guy,” said Corder before performing “Girlfriend,” a crowd favorite.

His inspiration for the song was his wife and bandmate, Kristyn Corder, who sings and plays the keyboard for *repeat repeat. She and Corder write songs together for the band as well.

*repeat repeat’s most recent album, “Glazed,” was produced by Patrick Carney of The Black Keys. Carney has also produced music for the Arctic Monkeys, Black Lips and Tobias Jesso, Jr.

During the concert, *repeat repeat also promoted “Glazed: Tropical Creamsicle Sour,” a beer it made in collaboration with Pontoon Brewing.

Athens band Well Kept, fronted by University of Georgia student Tommy Trautwein, opened for *repeat repeat with early 2000s-esque jams and ballads.

Correction: In a previous version of this article, it was said that there was a second *repeat repeat show on Saturday that was cancelled. This was a factual error and has since been corrected. The Red & Black regrets these errors.