PizzaHutSign

The signage of the former Pizza Hut on Baxter Street. (Photo/Savannah Sicurella)

Out with the old, in with the new: from the pizza chain to the Atlanta Highway ice cream shop, here are four restaurants that experienced quieter closings in the first few months of 2020.

Franklin House Cafe

Cravings, a Taiwanese sandwich and boba tea shop with a location in Milledgeville, will replace Franklin House Cafe. Co-owner Jhing Pez anticipates to open the restaurant on either Wednesday or Thursday after completing cosmetic additions to the store. Though an official closing was never announced, the coffee shop unit of the Franklin House building on East Broad Street has remained closed since mid-December. A lightbox displaying "Cravings: Opening soon January!” appeared shortly after the coffee shop shut its doors.

WNB Factory

The wing and burger restaurant chain on 280 Williams St. will move to a different location, according to a sign posted on the storefront. The restaurant, which also serves cheesesteaks, fish platters and po-boys, will move to 4375 Lexington Rd. — the location of the Walmart Supercenter. The sign gave no indication of when the new location will open.

Wings Over Athens

The Athens location of restaurant chain Wings Over shut its doors on Dec. 29 after a year of operation, according to a sign taped to the storefront’s window. The restaurant, which served wings slathered in 19 different sauces, chicken tenders and sandwiches, opened in the former Takorea space in September 2018.

Pizza Hut

The Pizza Hut location on Baxter Street has permanently closed after seven years of operation. The franchise announced it would close around 500 of its “underperforming” locations in August 2019. Signage outside of the restaurant directs customers to the location on Barnett Shoals Road. The Domino’s Pizza and Papa John’s Pizza locations on Baxter remain open.

Craft Public House

The Gaines School Road gastropub, which served a wide array of entrees such as spaghetti bolognese, poke bowls and strip steak, shuttered its doors in early December. Owners have disconnected the restaurant’s phone number and website domain. The restaurant, which opened in July 2016, previously hosted local art pop-ups, Terrapin Beer Co.-sponsored trivia nights and live music.

La Michoacana del Tio Tino

The family-owned La Michoacana del Tio Tino ice cream shop in the Georgia Square Mall food court has closed. In addition to ice creams and sorbets, the food stall served aqua frescas, snack foods and traditional Mexican candies. The stall opened in December 2015.

Self Entitled

taking bets Boba will be closed by spring break.