Totally Mild "Her"

Totally Mild's new album, "Her," was released on Feb. 23 and features 10 tracks.

Sometimes, a guitar tone is a standout characteristic of a band. This happens to be the case with Totally Mild, which employs a jangly sound on its new album “Her,” released on Feb. 23. The band seems to do some generational jumping musically while still crafting a sound that’s hard to pin down.

“Sky” reveals some well-crafted musical details. This opening track features some bass guitar swagger and backing vocals that blend well together.

The following track “Pearl” evolves from a more synth-based sound to a nice incorporation of electric guitar that sears across the song. “Pearl” is filled with an almost mysterious atmosphere as the bandleader and lead vocalist Elizabeth Mitchell mentions an “electric feeling” and “your face shining through.” At times during this song, it can feel a little musically languid, but the album only picks up from there.

“Working Like a Crow” has an blissful, romantic feel to it at the outset. Mitchell sings “I can’t do it on my own,” and it seems reminiscent of the soul-influenced pop of the ‘60s. After some gritty guitar work from Zachary Schneider, the song transitions into a fusion of an ‘80s synth ballad and Best Coast. The musical repertoire that Totally Mild pulls from is diverse, and they employ variety on this album to compose something special.

This song transitions seamlessly into “From One Another,” a breezy and enjoyable number that feels akin to some of Real Estate’s music, a band that Totally Mild has toured with in the past. The track is musically tight, with the bass and electric trading off tastefully.

A real highlight on “Her” is “Lucky Stars.” A slow piano intro immediately transports the listener to somewhere vast and distant — it’s like a car ride in the desert in the middle of the night. Mitchell’s voice is evocative as she sings about stars shining like jewels. The negative space in this song is tangible.

The vocals on “Today Tonight” are especially emotive, and Totally Mild’s sound here is full. Overall, this track is wonky, but in a good way — all the different overlapping musical elements fuse together for an odd but enjoyable musical concoction.

“Underwater” reveals a keen sense of self-awareness in Mitchell’s songwriting. The song reveals a darker undercurrent lyrically and musically as she questions, “are you even trying?” “Underwater” is almost like a musical iceberg, with the brighter sounds immediately revealing themselves as the darker themes lurk just underneath. This sadder turn is a nice wrinkle in “Her.”

The closer, “Down Together,” expounds on the subject of a relationship found in “Underwater.”  The track is hazy and melancholy with musically dense instrumentation. Totally Mild have no problems with filling out their songs as they explore many different musical territories on “Her.”

“Her” is an uncommon release from a band that gives its listeners much to chew on. 

lovespells

The occurrences in my marriage wasn’t clear, I invested emotionally and I don’t see the positive impacts. I prayed for a husband that could remind me of the good he sees in me, a husband that can make me laugh and also boost my mood. The introduction of a love spell to my heart saved my marriage. Dr. Amigo looked at the happenings from a different angle before solving the puzzle. He totally handled the event like the master he is. It was emotional for me seeing us reach beyond the invisible boundaries in our marriage. My husband is in support of this story, so I’m not compromising my integrity because the spell toss on us was a goodwill spell. “Share your story to liberate a relationship” was the word said to me by Dr. Amigo after he successfully completed a unity spell that brought us back after 11 months and 6 days. He found the enduring solution to my negative marital events. I bless the day I read the story that lead me to contact Dr. Amigo, GOOGEL DR AMIGO ONLINE SPELL CASTER TO REVIEW HIS ARTICLES

OliviaStephen22

Urgent effective love Spell caster to help you bring back ex lover & save you marriage fast.My Name Olivia Stephen from CA,USA. After 12years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact:Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,Call/WhatsApp: +2348071622464 , his website: https://urgentspell.blogspot.com .

OliviaStephen22