181023_mkd_nightmare on broad street_0008a.jpg

People wait in line for Nightmare on Broad Street, a ghost tour of north campus, on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, in Athens, Georgia. Nightmare on Broad Street is a free event that takes canned food or cash donations, which benefit the UGA Student Food Pantry. (Photo/Miranda Daniel, mirandadanielphoto@gmail.com)

Dying for fun? Scary stories, creative crafts and games for the whole family are among this year’s festivities for the Halloween season. The Red & Black compiled a list of events to celebrate this spooky season while also having a “gourd” time. 

Pumpkin Hunt

When: Oct. 15, 6 p.m.

Where: Lay Park Community Center

Price: $2 

Bring the little ones out to Lay Park for an evening of Halloween-themed family fun hosted by Athens-Clarke County Leisure Services. Crafts, games and a hunt for candy-filled mini pumpkins are included in admission. Pre-registration is required. 

One Spooky Night: Vintage Halloween Carnival

When: Oct. 23, 6:30-8 p.m.

Where: Athens-Clarke County Library

Price: Free

Ghost stories, shadow puppetry, crafts, games and more await all who attend the Athens-Clarke County Library’s 20th Halloween celebration. Attendees can explore the haunted Storyroom and go trick-or-treating throughout the library in their best costumes. 

'Ghosts of Athens' Ghost Tour and Book Signing

When: Oct. 24, 6-8 p.m.

Where: Graduate Athens

Price: Free

Ghost story junkies and thrill seekers, beware. Join author Tracy Adkins for a book signing of “Ghosts of Athens,” and learn about the haunted histories of more than 30 Athens locations including the Morton Theatre, The Foundry and the Old Athens Cemetery. Attendees will also tour locations around the Graduate Athens Hotel property featured in the book.

Trick-or-Treat and Pumpkin Carving Contest

When: Oct. 26, 12-2 p.m.

Where: J&J Flea Market

Price: Free

It’s time to dust off that book of pumpkin carving stencils — J&J Flea Market will feature its first pumpkin carving contest, as well as trick-or-treating throughout the market. Pumpkins must be carved prior to arrival.