180421_rmw_gday_001.jpg

Georgia Bulldog fans tailgate at Myers Quad in Athens, Georgia, on Saturday, April 21, 2018. University of Georgia football fans travel from all over the country for the annual spring G-Day game. (Photo/Rebecca Wright, http://rebeccamariewright.com/)

On Saturday, April 20, Sanford Stadium will come to life with Georgia Bulldog fans who aim to get a glimpse of University of Georgia football before the 2019 fall season begins. G-Day kickoff is at 2 p.m. and many of the fans are looking to start the festivities earlier. Whether you’re alumni, a prospective student or a family traveling, here are four tailgates and celebrations going on before the game.

1. UGA G-Day Tailgate Party

There’s no greater football tradition than tailgating on Myers Quad and enjoying a plate of barbecue before the big game. Doc and Roc Henderson Barbeque will serve ribs, wings, baked beans and other barbecue classics beginning at 11 a.m., keeping the food hot until kickoff.

Tickets to the tailgate come in the form of a plate of barbecue with options including a $10 basic plate, a $15 vegetarian plate, a $22 tailgate plate and a $35 prime G-Day plate. Plates must be purchased online ahead of time at the Doc and Roc Henderson Barbeque website.

2. E-Day on G-Day

The UGA College of Engineering is inviting back alumni, students, friends and prospective students for a tailgate. Check-in begins at 9 a.m. at the Science Learning Center where guests will enjoy refreshments such as coffee and juice. Following an information session, all guests are invited to the D.W. Brooks Mall for a tailgate with hamburgers, hotdogs and vegetarian options. RSVP is required.

3. DAWG CAMP G-Day Celebration

Past Dawg Camp campers and counselors are invited to stop by 248 Sanford Dr. for a reunion and G-Day celebration lasting from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The incoming freshman class is also invited to learn more about Dawg Camp extended orientation programs.

4. The Ultimate Fan Experience

For Georgia Bulldog fans looking to make the most out of their G-Day, the Georgia Gameday Center has put together the ultimate fan experience. On Saturday, April 20 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., fans can stop by the Gameday Center for autograph signings by three UGA football players headed to the 2019 NFL draft:  Isaac Nauta, Jonathan Ledbetter and Lamont Gaillard. Tickets for the event are $25.