181001_crj_bulldogbash_15.jpg

University of Georgia student throws bags of corn into the cornhole during Bulldog Bash in Tate Plaza in Athens, Georgia on Monday, Oct. 1, 2018. Bulldog Bulldog Bash, an event that kicked-off Homecoming, had free food, prizes and shirts for University of Georgia students. (Photo/Caitlin Jett)

Getting bored of always winning cornhole at the neighborhood barbeque? You can take your skills to the next level this fall by signing up for the CornholeATL’s Athens league.

Starting on Sep. 4, the 7-week fall league will begin meeting every Wednesday at Southern Brewing Company. Sign-ups begin online on July 8, but before signing up you should know which division to join.

CornholeATL considers a beginner to be a player who only hits the board half of the time or less. If a player is consistently hitting the board, but not getting the beanbag in the hole frequently, he or she would be in the Intermediate League. Only those who ring the hole most of the time and are always on the board should sign up for the Advanced League.

Players in the league will team up and play in a match against another team each week. On the last day of the fall season, Oct. 23, there will be a championship tournament where teams will compete for a championship trophy and other prizes.

Teams who perform well enough in each league can go on to compete in a playoff-party hybrid — dubbed the City Cornament — the week after the season ends. At the tournament, players can mingle with teams from other cities and compete to win an engraved trophy.

CornholeATL has a well-definited set of rules and regulations for the game on their website. Boards must be 27 feet apart, the first team to reach or surpass 21 points wins the game, and knocking the opposing team’s beanbags off the board is allowed.

League members must be 21 years of age. Early birds pay $35, while the regular registration costs $40. Both of these require a $4 processing free. Every player to register and pay before the deadline on Monday will receive a team shirt.