190907_RAC_MurrayPregame-6.jpg

A University of Georgia cheerleader yells before the Georgia football game against Murray State University on Saturday, Sep. 7, 2019, at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/Ryan Cameron, rcameron@randb.com)

It’s almost Saturday in Athens and arguably the biggest non-conference football game to ever be played in Sanford Stadium happens this weekend with Notre Dame rolling into town. Along with the addition of College GameDay making its stop in Athens this weekend, the influx of tourists and visiting fans is expected to be an unreal amount compared to your average football Saturday.

We asked University of Georgia students how they think the Notre Dame crowd will impact their gameday, as well as Athens as a whole. 

Ariele Williams

Ariele Williams, senior consumer economics major, poses for a portrait. 

Kai Sanders

Kai Sanders, sophomore agriscience and environmental systems major, poses for a portrait. 

Savannah Drexler

Savannah Drexler, junior economics major, poses for a portrait. 

Coura Thiam

Coura Thiam, junior human development and family science major, poses for a portrait. 

Stephanie Neville

Stephanie Neville, sophomore genetics major, poses for a portrait. 

Joseph Berney

Joseph Berney, junior sports management major, poses for a picture. 

Tommylee

As for game day the area we tailgate in was about triple the normal amount of people. Every other tailgate had TV set up and I would estimate 25% actually went into stadium. I got out of stadium pretty quick after clock hit 0 and the only thing that slowed us down driving home was getting through the crowded sidewalk. Once we got through the sidewalk crowd we never slowed down till we got home.