Teva Cover Photo

The Teva Flatform Universal Sandal is advertised on its website on Tuesday, June 4, 2019. The sandal is being sold in honor of Pride Month.

Each June marks LGBT Pride Month, and rainbows start popping up everywhere, whether it be on the back of french fry boxes or on mouthwash bottles. Popular footwear brands are no exception.

However, some companies receive backlash for pandering to LGBT customers while not supporting causes that benefit the community.

These seven footwear companies are not only releasing new products for Pride, but are also donating a portion of their profits to organizations that advocate for LGBT rights.

Dr. Martens

$145

Dr. Martens released the 1460 PRIDE, a colorful twist on its classic boot style with rainbow patterned leather, multi-colored laces and pride printed down the backstrap. Additionally, a portion of each sale is donated to the Trevor Project, an organization dedicated to preventing suicide among LGBT youth.

Dr. Marten Pride Shoe (resized)

1460 PRIDE boot by Dr. Marten.

Nike Pride Slides (resized)

The Nike Benassi JDI BETRUE Slide.

Nike

$60 - $190

Nike has been releasing a Pride Month collection, titled BETRUE, since 2012. The 2019 collection features four different styles of sneakers and a pair of slides, all of which will be available for purchase online and in North America on June 8. Though the collection’s profits aren’t directly given to any charities, Nike donates to more than 20 organizations dedicated to LGBT advocacy.

Adidas

$45 - $180

The 2019 Pride collection from Adidas includes six different shoes, including the Ozweego Pride Shoes - a ‘90s-style sneaker with a gradient rainbow pattern across the bottom. Adidas collaborated with members of the LGBT community to design the collection, including drag performer Flawless Shade. In addition to the collection, Adidas is donating $250,000 to the Trevor Project for Pride Month.

Adidas Pride Shoe

The Ozweego Pride Shoes by Adidas.

Teva

$80

Teva is bringing the platform shoe trend into Pride Month with its Flatform Universal Sandal, made in collaboration with the band Tegan and Sara. The 2.5 inch platform features all six colors of the LGBT Pride flag along with black straps. With every purchase of the sandals, Teva is donating $15 to the Tegan and Sara Foundation, which supports LGBT girls and women.

Teva Pride Shoe

The Flatform Universal Sandal by Teva.

Converse

$60 - $100

Converse released their annual Pride collection, featuring nine customizable pairs of shoes. For the first time, the brand included several sneakers that draw inspiration from the Transgender Pride flag, which includes the colors light blue, pink and white. To celebrate Pride Month Converse will contribute to local and global organizations that support the LGBT community, including the It Gets Better Project and OUT MetroWest.

Converse Pride Shoes

The Chuck 70 Pride Hightop by Converse.

Reebok

$70 - $75

Reebok’s limited edition Pride collection brings new life to its Club C, Classic Leather and Freestyle Hi styles with rainbow stitching throughout each shoe. Additionally, the brand has placed the LGBT Pride flag on each shoe next to the Reebok name in place of the United Kingdom’s flag. A portion of the proceeds will go to Fenway Health, an organization that focuses on the physical well-being of the LGBT and other communities.

Reebok Pride Shoes

The Reebok Classic Leather Pride Shoes.

Hunter Pride Boots

The Original Pride Play Rain Boots by Hunter.

Hunter

$100

If you’re concerned about late spring rain ruining your other Pride shoes, Hunter has you covered with its Original Pride Play Rain Boots. The black boots come in both heeled and flatform styles with a rainbow pattern displayed along the sides and bottom of the soles as well as up the back of the boot. Proceeds from the boots will go to six organizations that provide a range of services to LGBT community members.