1607123_hpt_ISF-9.jpg

Indie South Fair’s 10th annual spring event, Springtacular, will be located at 660 N. Chase St. The event will feature over 75 local and regional vendors selling vintage clothing, handcrafted goods, crafts and food from a variety of food trucks.

8:30 a.m.

To start your Saturday off right and distance yourself from Sanford, stop by Ike & Jane Cafe and Bakery for a cup of coffee and doughnut—it’s on the outskirts of town and is on the way to Bishop Park, where you’ll head next.

9 a.m.

Head over to Bishop Park to visit the Athens Farmers Market, where you can buy soap from local vendors, flowers or produce from farmers and listen to live music. Admission is free.

10 a.m.

Conveniently located at Bishop Park this Saturday will be a cooking demonstration by Peter Dale, the executive chef of The National. Avid Bookshop is putting on the event, supporting the new cookbook “Classic City Cooking,” written by Juanina Kocher. All recipes in the book are exclusively from restaurants around town, including a few of Dale’s. The demonstration is free, and Dale will prepare lamb meatballs with dried cherry sauce.

11:30 a.m.

Next on your itinerary is visiting Indie South Fair’s 10th annual spring event, Springtacular, located at 660 N. Chase St. The event will feature over 75 local and regional vendors selling vintage clothing, handcrafted goods, crafts and food from a variety of food trucks. If you are staying in town for the weekend and want to spend more time at the fair, it will also be in town on Sunday. You can either eat lunch at a food truck, or go to the next stop on the list. Admission is $3.

12:30 p.m.

If you are opting for a sit-down restaurant experience rather than a quick food truck for lunch, it’s time to make your way to Automatic Pizza. You’ll already be in the area, and this is the kind of pizza joint at which you’ll find the locals. The restaurant is known for its pizza, but if that’s not your scene, salad, sandwiches and cannolis are also available. Attire is casual, and a slice of pizza is only $2.

2 p.m.

You’ve been on your feet the majority of the day and now you’re full of pizza. You really only have one choice to make, and it’s an easy one. Creature Comforts Brewery Co. will be celebrating its three year anniversary with tours from 1–6 p.m. Regular tour vouchers are $30, and Early Creature Tour vouchers are $40, but will also feature specialty beers, a more intimate setting and anniversary stemware.

5 p.m.

After your tour(s) of beer, you should probably get some food in your system. You’re downtown, so walk to any restaurant of your choosing. The Double Pig sandwich with fries and raspberry ketchup at Trappeze Pub is the perfect ending to your day and will only run you about $11.

Congrats—you made it through one more gameday in Athens even though you thought the football season was finally over.