181006_GMA_HomecomingTailgating0016.jpg

Tailgating tents fill Myers Quad to the brink on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2018, in Athens, Georgia. Myers Quad is one of the most popular tailgating spaces on UGA’s campus. (Photo/Gabriella Audi, www.gabbyaudi10.wixsite.com/mysite-1)

The University of Georgia will welcome back alumni and celebrate the pride of the Bulldog nation through a week of spirited Homecoming events leading up to UGA’s football game against Kentucky.

Bulldog Bash

When: Oct. 14, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.

Where: Tate Plaza

Price: Free

Students can stop through Tate Plaza between classes to play games, win prizes and grab free food to celebrate the beginning of Homecoming week. 

Lip Sync and Silent Disco

When: Oct. 15, 7 p.m.

Where: Tate Grand Hall

Price: free

Participating student organizations will show off their best dancing and lip syncing in a judged competition. After the lip sync battle, Tate Grand Hall will turn over to a colorful silent disco for students to dance the night away. 

Stop and Serve

When: Oct. 16, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

Where: Tate Plaza

Price: Free

For those who love to volunteer, Stop and Serve offers the chance to fit in a quick service fix between classes. Visit Tate Plaza for a selection of community service projects organized by ServeUGA.

An Evening with Herschel Walker

When: Oct. 17, 8 p.m., doors open 7 p.m.

Where: Tate Grand Hall

Price: $5, free for students

UGA will welcome back bulldog legend and 1982 Heisman winner, Herschel Walker, for a moderated Q&A session.

Homecoming Parade

When: Oct. 18, 6-7 p.m.

Where: Downtown Athens

Price: free

The festivities will be open to all for the Homecoming Parade. Venture downtown for music, floats and a whole lot of bulldog spirit in a parade led by UGA President Jere W. Morehead, Army and Air Force ROTC and the Redcoat Band.

Carnival Night

When: Oct. 18, 7 p.m.

Where: Legion Field

Price: $5, free for students

Games, rides, food and more await all who visit UGA Union’s Carnival Night. Take family, friends or a date for an evening of fun on the eve of Georgia’s Homecoming football game.

UGA vs. Kentucky

When: Oct. 19, TBD

Where: Sanford Stadium

Cheer on the Bulldogs as they take on the Wildcats between the hedges and see the 2019 Homecoming King and Queen get crowned during the halftime show. 

A previous version of this article stated the incorrect start time for the Homecoming Parade. The Red & Black regrets these errors, and it has since been changed.