hendershot's

The exterior of Hendershot's on Friday, May 22, 2020. (Photo/Jason Born)

As Athens restaurants, bars and eateries adjust to changing policies and conditions during the coronavirus pandemic, their operations change frequently. Here’s this week’s roundup of restaurant news.

Local venues update COVID-19 protocol

Hendershot’s announced its updated COVID-19 protocol on Instagram. It now requires masks indoors as per Athens-Clarke County mandates. Effective Aug. 16, Hendershot’s, The Georgia Theatre, 40 Watt Club, Flicker Theatre and Bar and Nowhere Bar require live show guests to provide proof of full vaccination at the door or provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the prior 48 hours to enter the venue. The Old Pal also requires proof of double vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within the prior 72 hours to enter the bar.

Andy's Frozen Custard opens on West Broad Street

The new location of this frozen custard chain is open from 11 a.m.-11:30 p.m. Sunday-Thursday and from 11 a.m.-midnight on Friday and Saturday.

Butcher & Vine opens for Sunday brunch

Butcher & Vine is now open for Sunday brunch from 11 a.m.-2 p.m, and it is also introducing new options for chef-driven breakfast and lunch dishes.

home.made no longer accepts reservations

home.made announced it will no longer be accepting reservations, and seating will be offered on a first come, first served basis.

Pelican’s SnoBalls Athens announces fall hours

Starting Aug. 23, Pelican’s fall hours will be Monday-Friday from 2-9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 1-9 p.m.

Saucehouse Barbeque now open on Wednesdays

Saucehouse announced it will now be open on Wednesdays from 11 a.m.-9 p.m.

Olivia is a junior journalism major at the University of Georgia. Her love for writing and sharing stories from the community led her to The Red & Black. She loves being able to highlight the people who make up the Athens community.