Condor Chocolates Milkshakes

Kelly Smoltz scoops gelato to make a milkshake for a customer at Condor Chocolates on Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2021. (Photo/Lora Yordnova, lorayphoto@gmail.com)

Summer is here and Athens restaurants are making some changes. Here’s this week's roundup of restaurant news. 

Five & Ten collaborates with Athens Farmers Market

Five & Ten offers a “Cool Cucumber” cocktail for the month of June. The cocktail is a part of Athens Farmers Market’s “Farm-to-Glass Cocktail Series,” in which a portion of the proceeds benefits the Athens Farmers Market. The drink includes Cathead bitter orange vodka, fresh lime juice, house-made cucumber-basil syrup, Bitter Truth cucumber bitters and Montane cucumber lime sparkling water.  

Opa Robby’s Market closing storefront permanently

Opa Robby’s Market is closing its storefront permanently, and Saturday, June 25, is the last day the store will be open. The store is having a liquidation sale in which all inventory is 50% off. Thursday and Friday, the market is open 11 a.m.-5 p.m., and Saturday it is open from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. After closing, the market will continue selling items online through Market Wagon, such as weekly produce, coconut bombs, elderberry and Oma's teas. 

home.made introduces new summer menu

Baxter Street's home.made has a new summer menu which features a Pearson peach chopped salad containing peaches, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, cucumbers and onions in red wine vinaigrette with basil and hushpuppy croutons. The menu also features a croque canard, which is a type of sandwich made with house cured and smoked duck breast, sharp cheddar cheese, orange marmalade, creole mustard and chevre cheese, with a sunny side egg on top.  

Rashe’s Cuisine closing June 25-July 12

Jamaican-inspired restaurant, Rashe’s Cuisine, will be closed from June 25-July 12.

Condor Chocolates milkshakes

For those looking to beat the heat, Condor Chocolates, located downtown and in Five Points, now offers milkshakes at both stores.