The Pine

The Pine is located above The Root in Five Points. (Photo/ Brayden Robinson)

As Athens restaurants adjust to social distancing requirements and changing state policies during the coronavirus pandemic, their operations change frequently. Here’s this week’s supersized roundup of restaurant news. For daily updates, check out our comprehensive restaurant guide.

The Pine changes course

After seven years in Five Points, The Pine Restaurant and Bar is becoming The Pine Bar. The announcement said that the “increase in overhead, rising food costs [and] additional safety measures” due to COVID-19 made the current model of the restaurant unsustainable. Focusing on tapas, charcuterie boards and wine, The Pine Bar will have a grand opening at the end of this month.

The Place reopens

Following a brief closure due to a positive employee test for COVID-19, The Place reopened on July 31 after negative employee test results and sanitizing the restaurant.

Donna Chang’s changes hours

For curbside to-go and patio dining, Donna Chang’s will operate from 5-8 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday and 5-9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. It will be closed on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

Condor Chocolates changes hours

The speciality store is now open 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and noon-5 p.m. on Sunday.

Heirloom Cafe changes hours

Heirloom Cafe and Fresh Market is now open for lunch from 11 a.m-2 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday. Brunch is available 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.

The Grit opens patio dining

Open from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. daily, The Grit has socially distanced outdoor cafe tables available for customers who wish to eat a takeout order outside. Delivery is also available on Bulldawg Food.

Ted’s Most Best opens patio seating

Ted’s Most Best is open from 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday-Thursday and 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Ted’s has a large patio with socially distanced tables for customers to dine, though indoor seating remains closed.