171125_ga_gatech_0008.jpg

Georgia Tech quarterback TaQuon Marshall (16) is tackled by three Georgia players at once during the second half of a college football game between Georgia and Georgia Tech at Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017. Georgia went on to finish the regular season 11-1 with a 38-7 win over Tech before heading to the SEC Championship in Atlanta. (Photo/Casey Sykes, www.caseysykes.com)

Before Georgia wraps up its regular season by hosting Georgia Tech on Saturday, The Red & Black compares the offensive and defensive position group between each teams. 

Quarterbacks 

Quarterback are not recruited to Georgia Tech for their passing abilities. It's no surprise Georgia's Jake Fromm dominates TaQuon Marshall in every passing category. Fromm is more accurate, more efficient and more prolific throwing the football. 

Edge: Georgia 

Running backs 

171125_ga_gatech_0002.jpg

Georgia running back D’Andre Swift (7) flips into the end zone for a touchdown during the second half of a college football game between Georgia and Georgia Tech at Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017. Georgia went on to finish the regular season 11-1 with a 38-7 win over Tech before heading to the SEC Championship in Atlanta. (Photo/Casey Sykes, www.caseysykes.com)

Georgia Tech has the No. 1 rushing offense in the country, and 1,059 more rushing yards than Georgia. It's not exactly an even comparison, as the Yellow Jackets have rushed the ball 655 times, compared to 456 from the Bulldogs. Still, Georgia Tech has four players with over 500 yards on the ground, including Marshall. There are running backs on Georgia's roster who may be more talented than any one player on Georgia Tech's, but the Yellow Jackets have an impressive number of options within the run game. 

Edge: Georgia Tech 

Receivers

Georgia's receiving corps is deep, physical and talented. Georgia Tech's receivers are largely there to block. Few teams have the all-around talent Georgia does at wide receiver. Georgia Tech, with its option offense, is not one of those teams. 

Edge: Georgia 

Offensive line

In one corner, you have Georgia's heavyweight unit of large, blue-chip linemen. In the other, you have Georgia Tech's group of smaller linemen who are used to run blocking nearly 60 times a game. Both units have impressed this season, and either could put up the better performance Saturday. 

Edge: Tie 

Front seven 

181110_rmw_uga_auburn_secondhalf_00029.jpg

Georgia outside linebacker D’Andre Walker (15) waits for the play to start during a game at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018. The Georgia Bulldogs won against the Tigers 27-10 for their tenth game of the season. The Georgia football team is now 9-1, and they play the Massachusetts Minutemen football team on Nov. 17, 2018. (Photo/Rebecca Wright)

With both teams boasting a talented group of running backs, the performance of each team's front seven could be a deciding factor Saturday. The Bulldog run defense is hitting its stride at the right time. Georgia has not allowed more than 103 rushing yards in the last three games. Georgia Tech has performed well against the run, allowing an average of 137.5 rushing yards per game, but Georgia's front seven has been playing its best football of the season as of late. 

Edge: Georgia 

Secondary 

Even after allowing several big pass plays late against Massachusetts, Georgia's secondary continues to prove to be one of the best in the SEC and probably the country. The emergence of Eric Stokes seems to strengthen Georgia's defensive backfield, while Georgia Tech has been shaky against the pass at times.

Edge: Georgia