180908_rmw_ugavscar_37.jpg

University of Georgia tight end Luke Ford (45) catches a ball before a game between the University of Georgia and the University of South Carolina at Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, South Carolina on Saturday, Sept. 8, 2018.

Earlier this month news broke that Luke Ford had intentions to transfer and he put his name in the transfer portal. Ford was given an opportunity to shed some light on the decision after the Sugar Bowl on Tuesday.

He explained that his grandfather, whom he is close with, is sick. He wants to be closer to him so his grandfather and family in Carterville, Illinois, could see him play.

“He’s the one that got me started playing football, so I want to play in front of him,” Ford said. “The main reason [to transfer] is purely family, it's not about football.”

“The main reason [to transfer] is purely family, it's not about football.”

- Luke Ford, Georgia tight end 

Ford explained that a lot of schools have reached out to him, mainly the ones that recruited him out of high school. He has his eyes set on one school, mainly. Illinois is the only school he’s looking at, he said.

That is if he even transfers.

“I could for sure see myself staying, I’ve talked to the coaches,” Ford said.

The likelihood of that happening if probably slim, as he explained his grandfather is continuing to get more and more sick. So, look for Illinois to be the spot for Ford if he indeed decides to transfer.

PatriotVeteran

We'll (UGA) do well next season, with or without you. LF should man up and leave, if he isn't happy in becoming a Dawg.